Illiminated cup holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
Has anyone illuminated their cup holders? I see that there are some aftermarket products to do this, but I thought I'd ask if anyone here has done this, and if so, how?

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I have found the focused light from the ceiling over the center console to be more than sufficient at night.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are a DIY person, there is an aftermarket 3- light kit, I got for my old '88 GMC, and aimed them at my door switches when it was dark out ( truck sold).... Just plug it into a power source ( cigarette lighter).... 3 very tiny / bright led lights on fairly long super thin wires. ( kinda like mini spot lights). You could make a small hole in cup holders to light up the 'cup',...

I got it at an Autozone, or one of the parts stores. I used it for 10 years and still worked fine.

( I think I still have it in my garage, if you can't find one, you are welcome to have it. )

Up-date idea..... Go to a commercial electrical supply store... They have some cool thin LED strips you can cut to fit, and glue to the inside edge.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it would probably be pretty easy to drill a small hole and fit a led in the hole glue it in place then wire it up from inside, you could do the same with a led strip just make a small hole for the wires to go inside then glue the strip around the edge of the cupholder, as long as the strip can be cut in small sections so it will fit just right. heck if you could find a peltier heater or cooler you could make the cup holder heated or cooled also.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I have found the focused light from the ceiling over the center console to be more than sufficient at night.

My Highlander had one of those which I really liked. Thinking about adding one to my Yukon.

OP
OP
TheMaineEvent

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
I got side tacked with some projects on my classic cars, but this is still on the to do list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts