I'll admit I made a mistake purchsing my 2017 Yukon SLT, But I fixed it - Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fatrusty

Fatrusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bet you got a killer deal for the Acadia Denali. They're giving them away with the refresh coming. I was tempted to grab one myself.
They are down to about 40k now. I will admit it that it does ride very nice. A lot better than the Lexus she had. They also gave us 3k over the dealer trade price which was about the Private party price.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
When you get out to highways in other states made of concrete it sucks not to have the MRC of the Denali. Depending on your wheelbase, you can literally be rocked to sleep without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was wrong with the SLT? I have an SLT and love it. Only difference between the SLT and Denali is 0.9 cubic inches displacement, different grille, more chrome, different stitched leather, HUD, wireless charging, vibrating massaging seats, air suspension, and covers for the cup holders? Those are really nice features but overall it's the same vehicle. Compare it to the Tahoe too, they're all the same, just minor differences here or there.

OP
OP
Fatrusty

Fatrusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnetic ride control... Yes the fact that I can actually handle the road and take turns at highway speed without feeling like I am going to slide off the road. That was the first thing I noticed comparing the SLT and the Denali. Also the fact that the ride was much smoother over all.

Then the 6.2 and the 10 speed auto. The 5.3 just would labor until it would downshift on hills. Even my wife said whats wrong with this thing? The 6.2 engine always has the power with just a little more pressure on the throttle, not having to really stomp on it.

I am also soft on the peddle, Something I learned driving an ambulance for 30 years. So I don't typically mash the throttle unless you really need to. The 6.2 just has the extra horsepower that make for a nice drive without having to work it.

Bottom line is the 6.2, 10 speed trans and the Magnetic ride are a superb package!

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
I too upgraded from an SLT to a Denali a few years ago. Main reason was the extra power for highway passing, but u loved everything else that came with it. Totally worth it for me. Been driving a BMW for the last year and while I absolutely love the way it rides I miss the size and comfort of the Denali so I’m back on the market.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too upgraded from an SLT to a Denali a few years ago. Main reason was the extra power for highway passing, but u loved everything else that came with it. Totally worth it for me. Been driving a BMW for the last year and while I absolutely love the way it rides I miss the size and comfort of the Denali so I’m back on the market.

Interesting, I traded in a BMW for a 6.2 GM , Escalade in my case. But I would have been happy with a Denali as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf