Ignition issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chilango1986

Reaction score
So lately when I get in my car, i have issues turning my key to turn my car on. I have to wiggle back in forth till it finally turns over. What issue could be causing this ?

OP
OP
C

chilango1986

Reaction score
How difficult is it to replace? Also is it the ignition switch or ignition switch cylinder?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you have to partially disassemble the steering column a bit. most likely the switch. all those indents and spring action are provided by the switch. the cylinder just provides the locking function. so if you are wiggling it to work your contacts may be broken inside the switch.

OP
OP
C

chilango1986

Reaction score
Oh man, its one things after another with this truck, the ignition switch can deal with just dont want it to completely stop then i cant turn it on. But now i got my front diff leaking quite a bit.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
That's cars Bro. Even new cars tend to break... But yea it shouldn't be hard to replace it

OP
OP
C

chilango1986

Reaction score
Yeah got some things to take care of this weekend. My buddy suggested I just disconnect my front drive shaft so I will not have to worry about 4x4 issues. Idk if thats a good idea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh