If you won the lottery and you could have any truck, what would you choose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jets

Reaction score
If I could afford to spend $1.2 million on an SUV ...
... a frame inspired by a Hummer H2, under a GMT930 body ... NOT an Escalade body ...
... it should look like the lovechild of a Suburban and a Silverado crew cab ... on the OUTSIDE ...
... the rear glass would open upward hatch-like, but the bottom would open barn-door style ...
... figure out how to get a Gen 3 pcm to cooperate and collaborate with a 6L90E (unimpressed with 8L90 & 10L90) ...
... a 4 inch stroke for 415 cuin / 6.8L ...
... T1XX brakes, steering, suspension, including the independent rear suspension ...
... an interior as easy to clean as a PPV / SSV, as comfy (if not quite as luxe) as a Cullinan or Bentayga ...
... basically using mostly off-the-shelf parts to create a custom whole ...
... that even someone with 20/20 or better vision would need to study carefully, before realizing they're still not quite sure what they're looking at ...
In that case I’d probably build the motor to Kingdom come

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that case I’d probably build the motor to Kingdom come
Which is kindasorta my point.
You're gonna get SO much more for your money if you put it together yourself to your taste,
compared to buying a new vehicle from a stealership.

Just for reference's sake:
The 6.6L L8T fits under the hood of a Tahoe / Yukon / Suburban / Escalade as if meant to be.
The same is true of a 6.6L DuraMax.
I wonder why there are not far more people in this forum with DuraMax transplants.

jets

Reaction score
Which is kindasorta my point.
You're gonna get SO much more for your money if you put it together yourself to your taste,
compared to buying a new vehicle from a stealership.

Just for reference's sake:
The 6.6L L8T fits under the hood of a Tahoe / Yukon / Suburban / Escalade as if meant to be.
The same is true of a 6.6L DuraMax.
I wonder why there are not far more people in this forum with DuraMax transplants.
I think there’s a level of tweaking that most people don’t want to deal with when needing to reprogram to truck to play nice with the different engine and etc. I mean I’d like to but reliability is a big factor

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there’s a level of tweaking that most people don’t want to deal with when needing to reprogram to truck to play nice with the different engine and etc.
I mean I’d like to but reliability is a big factor
6.6L L8T swap is pretty easy, been done before, several threads about them here on this forum.

6.6L DuraMax transplant - wouldn't call it a swap - is definitely more complicated.
Getting the ecm & tcm to be copasetic with the other modules on the bus is for specifically skilled programmers.
It's nowhere near insurmountable though - these firms have already figured it out:

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
6.6L L8T swap is pretty easy, been done before, several threads about them here on this forum.

6.6L DuraMax transplant - wouldn't call it a swap - is definitely more complicated.
Getting the ecm & tcm to be copasetic with the other modules on the bus is for specifically skilled programmers.
It's nowhere near insurmountable though - these firms have already figured it out:
I'd kill for an LBZ stuffed into my 2012

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts