If you could only choose one modification, what would it be?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
I don't believe that you will be disappointed by the Black Bear tune.

View attachment 236275 View attachment 236275

You got one of these fellows too. We have one wandering around in Bucks county, everybody is crazy by the black bear. . . ? These poor guys are looking for a nice meal and off to bed for the winter. People are just silly down here ! Anything bigger than a squirrel and they think the sky is falling.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The folks here in NH are pretty used to seeing bear in their yards at various times of the year. Most people deal with them well and safely, but there are always the stupid few. You really can't fix stupid.

You are absolutely right, though, that the late fall brings some really bodacious behavior on the part of the bears, as they frantically search for their last meals, prior to entering the den and hibernating.

This was the first time that we saw one in the yard (on the deck) in late morning, as they typically roam into the yard in the evening. But, it was also in late fall, about 2 weeks before the first snow.

Magnificent animals, as long as you respect them and their space, and don't piss them off.

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Insofar as it matters, tuning that kind of black bear with anything short of a 30-.06 at distance seems like a bad idea. We have a few roaming the wilder areas of central Pennsylvania. When they come into town it gets more interesting.

In all seriousness, I know very little about tuning. Guess I'll have to Google this and see if it can be done to my old heap lol

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy new and keep for the long run 200K+ miles. On a K2 2015+ direct injection the first mod is the catch can. Then the power adders!!

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Missed this post! Yum! Also, their oil is the best for making pie crusts and lubrication for muzzleloaders, it never goes rancid. We had one not far from the house last June.
seriously!...that's the ugliest chipmunk I have ever seen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792