If you could only choose one modification, what would it be?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarParts.com

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are countless aftermarket parts available for both the Tahoe and Yukon. The question is: If you could only choose one modification, what would it be? A set of wheels? An exhaust system? Let's hear your answers!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only one modification, it'd be a custom tune.

As far as a part modification, I'd probably have to go with a set of wheels. I'm still not even sure about this one, either. Tough question!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
supercharger

Duh! I thought way too hard about this and was thinking a turbo or supercharger didn't count as "a part" due to all involved. But, either is available as a kit so I think that counts.

I'm changing my answer to a turbo- or supercharger kit.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original question did not come with a budget constraint or cost ceiling for the mod.

I agree with Swathdiver. A Black Bear tune.

While the supercharger option is compelling, to fully utilize its capabilities will require several additional 'sub-mods', such as a new cam, etc., even if it comes in a kit.

For about $600, the Black Bear tune will get you improved performance in the ECM and TCM, improving overall driveability, and making the driving experience much more fun. Plus, you get free lifetime of your truck opportunities to update the tune, in the event that you pursue additional performance-related mods in the future.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Can't really argue with the Black Bear tune. But I'll play the thrifty guy this round and go bang for the buck...

Vette servo or catch can. Both inexpensive, mechanical improvements that bolster the performance and longevity of factory the setups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic