If these were your wheels, what would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or I'm easy? lol

Fo real, though, the farthest north I've been was Cincinnati and surrounding areas. Scrawny rumps seemed to be the norm up there. They seem to get bigger the further south you go.
I don’t like them too big...

OP
OP
the_tool_man

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Top tip...If you run across a set of these wheels, even curbed, you might be able to make a killing on the chrome inserts if they aren't damaged. The best price I've found for new ones is $80 EACH. Used are about $50 EACH on eBay. That's $350-$560 for a single wheel!!! Before I bought these, I passed on another set with all 4 wheels curbed. The whole set was $700. It wouldn't take many good inserts to recoup that and then some! I'm callin' that guy back this afternoon!

Last edited:
OP
OP
the_tool_man

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Top tip #2. When searching eBay for center caps, don't be afraid to search ended listings and contact the seller in case he has another set. There are currently two sellers with plain centers for these. The more prolific one sells them for $90 a set. But there's another at $50, who is frequently "sold out", as you would expect. But I asked, and he listed a set for me to snag at a savings of $40. Hopefully, they're good quality. From what I've seen of the OEM ones, the quality bar is set pretty low from GM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14