Identify this part (of a part)...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zdude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody know what this is?

I found it under the hood, up in the corner by driver side firewall, under the hood hinge. One side looks torn, so I think this is only a piece of the part.

It's black rubber, and there's a steel disc which is molded inside it.

View media item 27957View media item 27958
2003 Yukon SLT 2WD
5.3 Flex

Thanks.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your links to pics dont work. but im guessing you mean the cowl flaps on the ends, the bottom lifts up no it does not snap tight, its there to let water out, or you flush it if its full of dirt and causing a leak.

these things are what im talking about . https://photos.app.goo.gl/5pere8pZt9BsXNBF8

OP
OP
Z

zdude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. That does look like the part, but difficult to see it clear enough to know for sure. I will need to check mine closer again. I'm familiar with the rubber flap pieces that help to hide the hood hinge slots, where the hinges actually come through when the hood is opened. But it's not part of that piece, right? It's a separate piece on the very end of the cowl? I see a piece there now, but can't tell if this piece in my pic broke off from it.

Here's another attempt at the pics.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6ZsrkmDiVV4ftrmm9

OP
OP
Z

zdude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found it. It's this part, which I think is exactly the part you showed. Thanks for your fast help!

Drain Valve - GM (15040083)
Right/Passenger side

Left/Driver side

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts