I wont pay for some one to hook up my amp ..or should i

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texaschevyryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The amp that i got from my buddy i took to a shop they sent to memphis to have them rebuild all insides is how he explaine to me.

They wanna charge me like 40 dollars to hook up da wires to da amp as they say make sure i do it right. I dont see any reason other than to warranty the amp which might be da only reason i let them do it. But on the flipside i dont wanna pay dem 40 dollars then have to wait for them to make me an appointment to put da amp in what would yall do?

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
Id do it myself. but on a rebuilt amp, if they need to install it for a warranty reason, have them do it. rebuilds can go bad, and you may spend well over 40 bucks to fix it again if it fails down the road.

OP
OP
texaschevyryder

texaschevyryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well he said they gonna replace the guts of the amp and the cover will be da same he said its basically a new amp

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
get the rebuild warranty in writing and review it. sometimes the warranty is cut down or negated if not installed by an authorized installer. most rebuilds, though, are 30 to 90 day warranty if the amp is out of its original warranty.
Pat

OP
OP
texaschevyryder

texaschevyryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the rebuild warranty in writing and review it. sometimes the warranty is cut down or negated if not installed by an authorized installer. most rebuilds, though, are 30 to 90 day warranty if the amp is out of its original warranty.
Pat

yea in dat thought i will if its only 90 days ill just throw it back in myself i know to move da other ground and dont ground the amp out and burn it up like before

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
Just take out the fuse in the power wire. if theres no power, you cant burn it up. plus, safety first.

doggworld1233

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think YOU! should pay someone to do it... and they will give u at least 60day warranty on the work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevensavino