I want to hear some opinions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rockymt21

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
it's clean but are them tow hooks bent? i never seen them look like that

Nah it's brackets for a brush guard. I've tried getting them off twice, but the bolts are seized and are about a 1/2" thick. Im going to just cut them off eventually.

I took the chrome trim off around the wheel well and it looks better. Still on the fence about the other moldings.

XLdenaliXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another simple thing you can do for free is get rid of the white writing on the tires.... its my pet peeve lol i HATE IT!!! i think a straight black tire makes the truck sooooo much cleaner an not cheesey! just flip those tires lol andd the side moldings as well. even if you dont wanna take the side moldings off, the chorme above the wheel well molding looks soo much nicer off. its just 4 screws

OP
OP
rockymt21

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
another simple thing you can do for free is get rid of the white writing on the tires.... its my pet peeve lol i HATE IT!!! i think a straight black tire makes the truck sooooo much cleaner an not cheesey! just flip those tires lol andd the side moldings as well. even if you dont wanna take the side moldings off, the chorme above the wheel well molding looks soo much nicer off. its just 4 screws

If you read my post one above yours, I already removed the chrome trim around the wheel well.

And I like the white lettering. I can't explain why, I guess because it's just not as boring as all black, and its not like I have some nice wheels to showcase either.

XLdenaliXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeaa thats tru.... a set of 2000's denali wheels look hot on there, and there cheap... you can find a set for like 400 with tires on craigslist or ebay if you look.... as far as the moldings go actually idk about that bc your truck is 2 tone its may look a lil werid

OP
OP
rockymt21

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
Well I think I am going to paint the wheels on Thursday and Friday. Going with black. Just painted the wiper arms today because the paint was basically gone.

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
turn the white letters in. Also detail your truck. it looks swirled up. Get some poor boys SSR and then wax it. will make a big difference.

OP
OP
rockymt21

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
turn the white letters in. Also detail your truck. it looks swirled up. Get some poor boys SSR and then wax it. will make a big difference.

The paint isn't worth detailing. Im just going to let it go, then next summer or something I'll repaint the entire thing. There is rust around every door handle, by the headlights, wheel wells, barn doors, and serious peeling on the bottom of the doors and quarter panels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts