I want to hear some opinions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
On what direction to go with my truck. So far I have worked on cleaning it up, and did a little painting to simplify, im trying to keep these mods very inexpensive. However Im not so sure what to do next, keep painting the chrome black? Let's hear some ideas.

18914797.jpg

39536302.jpg

I appreciate it,
Dan

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
First of all, I would wash it.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Then I would look into different headlights and turn signals. I might even look at replacing the rear tails too.

Maybe even look into OEM spare black SSP wheels, chrome center and chrom trim rings. Then throw on some raised white letter tires.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
lol

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

I made edits to my first post

CodeB4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i don't know how inexpensive is to you, but i would sand down the turn signals and tail lights and keep going down in grit sand paper till you can buff it out nice and shiny and get rid of the "old truck" look.

What kind of look are you going for?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
change the lights. Clean it good (whole 9 yards here). Do somthing with the wheels. AND FIND A ROOF RACK OF SOME SORTS. Looks naked with out one. That look only looks good on the GMT-800s. 400 and 900s look like crap with no roof racks.

OP
OP
rockymt21

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
I have all the stuff I need to detail it, and I've done it before. However I feel like it would be a waist of time and money because there is a lot of rust going on along the step rails, barn doors, door handles....etc

I like the look without the roof rack, it cleans it up nicely. I had a rack on there with a safari roof rack, but it just doesn't look right. (the safari rack is up for grabs)

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Well i don't know how inexpensive is to you, but i would sand down the turn signals and tail lights and keep going down in grit sand paper till you can buff it out nice and shiny and get rid of the "old truck" look.

What kind of look are you going for?

Yeah the headlights need some work,

I guess im going for a clean simple look. I want the truck to be subtle, like it stands out to those "in the know" but not to your average joe. Does that make sense?

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

BTW, about the wheels, Im getting new tires tomorrow then I think I am going to paint the rims black.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i like what they were saying up there.. sand and buff your lights.. maybe debadge it? paint your bowtie green? i think theres a little too much black up there.. break it up a little bit.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
If you're going to paint those wheel black, use oven cleaner to clear off the clear coated finish. and sand down any spots that have had corrosion build up from crack in the clear letting water in.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
I agree with the posts above. What size tires are you putting on? I would go with at least a 265/75/16, but a 285/75/16 would look even better, especially with the white letters mounted out. Not sure how the stock rims would look black, but it's your truck. And fix the rust!

I also agree with RT, these trucks look naked without a roof rack of some kind, but thats just us. You need to find out what you want it to look like and go for that look.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9