I want my back hatch window to slide down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oakley Gentry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have always loved how the back windows on Toyota’s and some broncos slide down instead of opening up like ours do. I have a lump sum of money burning a hole in my pocket and Was wondering if there was any one that might have skill to fabricate that. Or even tell how posible it is. Or if I should suck it up do other performance mods.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always loved how the back windows on Toyota’s and some broncos slide down instead of opening up like ours do. I have a lump sum of money burning a hole in my pocket and Was wondering if there was any one that might have skill to fabricate that. Or even tell how posible it is. Or if I should suck it up do other performance mods.

Just buy a K5 Blazer with one!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a GMC the whole back end has to roll down glass and retractable roof
envoy xuv

ITS bigger then a yukon as well (at 208" compared to 202"" for the yukon/tahoe)

you can get it for 2500$

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an owner, they are a fickle design. I wish my back glass popped up to open!

I know, an uncle still has his '91 Jimmy that he bought new, don't think it works anymore. Really wasn't all that handy compared to our pop up glass either as I remember. You had to put the key in and twist and wait for it to go down. Put your stuff in and twist the other way and wait for it to go back up! I could have sent twenty text messages and taken two selfies instead in the time it took to do all that.

With our rigs, we pop the remote or button on the back, toss the stuff in and slap it down, done!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, an uncle still has his '91 Jimmy that he bought new, don't think it works anymore. Really wasn't all that handy compared to our pop up glass either as I remember. You had to put the key in and twist and wait for it to go down. Put your stuff in and twist the other way and wait for it to go back up! I could have sent twenty text messages and taken two selfies instead in the time it took to do all that.

With our rigs, we pop the remote or button on the back, toss the stuff in and slap it down, done!
If the key cylinder wasnt all gummed up...

the first spot for them trucks to rot around here hinges for the tailgate.....

Good times tho, good times... i cant count how many ive owned...

thats what I should get for my daughters 1st ride.... hmmm maybe too many passengers, maybe just a pickup:)

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mines worse since it’s a cucv. Out pops a crank and crank away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne