I think the dealership destroyed my engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you check the level of your trans fluid when it’s filled from plugs on the side? Sounds pretty easy to do….

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you check the level of your trans fluid when it’s filled from plugs on the side? Sounds pretty easy to do….
You are in the trust club my friend......

But, with the plug overflow design it's kind of hard to eff up. Either the fluid runs out, or doesn't. The only catch is the trans is supposed to be a certain temp when checking.

Cheap ass design in my opinion. Nothing wrong with a dipstick, other than the fact a dipstick doesn't generate revenue for basic maintenance.

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are in the trust club my friend......

But, with the plug overflow design it's kind of hard to eff up. Either the fluid runs out, or doesn't. The only catch is the trans is supposed to be a certain temp when checking.

Cheap ass design in my opinion. Nothing wrong with a dipstick, other than the fact a dipstick doesn't generate revenue for basic maintenance.
Seems to be the way these days - the ZF 8-speed that goes in so many other vehicles is the same way. Really unfortunate - doesn't seem like a big deal to have a dipstick on modern transmissions.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I have said here, what I told a customer in my shop one day when he was giving me a small amount of grief for the oil change price. He said that "Oil changes are easy".

I told him, "You are correct, if they are done right". The jest was that an oil change is a nightmare if it is done wrong. Let's face it, the oil is the blood of the engine and the oil filter is the kidneys/liver of the engine. Kind of important IMO. Cannot, I repeat, Cannot cheap out on the engine oil and filter or the body "oil and filter" and the processes, without severe ramifications.
this is why i change my oil every 4,000 miles (or at lest once per year if less then 4,000 miles)

my last oil change was on 6/14/22

107,532 miles
currently has 110,212 miles so the oil change is due by: 6/14/23 or 111,500 miles... the crank case is clean no sludge at all if you really take care of your engine you can keep it in brand new condition for the entire life cycle of the vehicle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094