I think I'm going to be jumping in....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totaly get it man, the 3.42 does help, I have towed a crap load with the 3.08 and loads over 5k made em sluggish. The ride of the 1500 is so much better, but the 2500 is a bullteproof machine for sure and if your towing alot then I see it beneficial.

If you find something in Houston and need a ride from the airport, let me know, I'm 15 minutes from Bush IAH.

I had a 3.08 denali 6.2 yukon XL before the 15 burb, it towed a bit better in hills but not much just due to torque, but the 3.42 on this 15 burb made up for the get up and go and does it well, almost as good at the 6.2...

Best of luck on the search. I have honestly thought about the 2500 route also, I will say that you need and will love the 6 speed for the deep 1st and 2nd gear, helps get loads moving so much better than the 4 speed.

OP
OP
Derick

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say that you need and will love the 6 speed for the deep 1st and 2nd gear, helps get loads moving so much better than the 4 speed.
You ain't kiddin. I took a look at a 2500HD in ohio on friday. It was pretty damn close to my wants/needs but it was kind of rough in some of the details. It's still on my list and I'd take it if the numbers were right. That said, yeah I took a test drive and got on the highway, and it drove nearly identical to my 2500 burb, 6.0 and all, but yeah I was getting up there doing 75 and didn't even realize it courtesy of that 6 speed. I can tell there will be a huge difference in the whole vehicle because of those extra 2 gears.

If you find something in Houston and need a ride from the airport, let me know, I'm 15 minutes from Bush IAH.
I appreciate that. I actually may take you up on that. I'm looking for vehicles outside of the rust belt. The one downside is that everything down there is 2WD. Which sort of makes sense I guess. The dealer I mentioned before, Joe Myers Ford, sold the 2500 that they said wouldnt be for sale until today, from underneath me. So, again the search continues. Luckily enough this is a secondary vehicle for me, so it's not critical that I get the quickest deal, just a good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts