I suspect BCM... thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TrybalRage

Reaction score
Thanks Man!

At the end of this year GM is yanking all of our 2G (07-14) OnStar / VCIM connectivity. Until I can see if I can get a 3G (15-20) working in our Gen, diagnosing it is moot. It’s likely the antenna that’s taken a dump from water intrusion. The OnStar modules themselves don’t usually die. They are killed by I t’s internal (one time) battery dying from key left on in accessory position and battery disconnected.

The seat can be tricky. ISS automotive has refurb parts for the switching assemblies if that the fault. The gearing can also deteriorate and cause the motors to self destruct. The fix is to find a replacement and swap your seat guts into it.

Depending on your M/Y you may have a MSM close to a place rain falls on it through an open window.

Yeah if I don't need the OnStar, I could care less if it works. If it's causing problems however (like being plugged in and drawing my battery down) I'd like to address that. Right now it's not powering on at all - can't be seen by the scanner and no light on the mirror.

My MSM is under the driver's seat.

OP
OP
T

TrybalRage

Reaction score
Ah, yes they are. At this time I am only going by the code and related diagnostics from alldata. Not sure how/if they relate to the memory switch itself on the door.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Gotcha, Most of the issues I’ve had success fixing were resolved by servicing known, neglected and related components prior to completing a diagnostic on the area.

OP
OP
T

TrybalRage

Reaction score
Also interesting is that the tech2 cannot seem to view live engine data. I can do all kinds of other stuff, but when I try to display data I get a "possible wrong vehicle selected" error no matter what I do.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also interesting is that the tech2 cannot seem to view live engine data. I can do all kinds of other stuff, but when I try to display data I get a "possible wrong vehicle selected" error no matter what I do.

What selections are you making when you pick the vehicle? This is for your 2010 2500, right?

OP
OP
T

TrybalRage

Reaction score
Yes. Model year 2010, chevrolet truck, code K, suburban, 6.0 L96 engine. I can read codes, make the bcm do all kinds of funky stuff with windows, seats, etc. I've been able to command evap solenoids in the past, but didn't try today.

But live data from engine, starts to load the screen then BEEP possible wrong vehicle selected.

OP
OP
T

TrybalRage

Reaction score
Man I'm just starting to lose heart with this thing.

I've disassembled more than I've ever wanted to know about this truck to check grounds all over the place. Pulled apart every module's connector to add a little dielectric grease per TSB. Checked wiring in a dozen places, patched and/or covered and re-secured as potential issues were discovered.

Pulled the onstar module to check its wiring. Verified it's getting adequate power and ground even though sometimes my tech2 says it's not powering up. I can enable/disable the mirror LED through tech2. So it's got something.

I got the new memory seat module as Alldata indicated following the troubleshooting of my B3920 code. Disassembled the drivers seat, replaced, hooked everything up. Had some related codes, ok, cleared them all. Radio was out of the vehicle at this time.

Started it, I can see live engine data. Ok, that's awesome. Getting a bunch of codes related to seat and some other unplugged items like the radio. No biggie. Shut down, reconnect everything, clear all codes.

Figured I'd try to program the new seat module using SPS2. Ran into the same issues already noted about pass-through with the new system. Support is closed on weekends, so oh well, disconnected and shut down my laptop.

Did one more scan of codes for the hell of it. SAME B3920 CODE BACK. Come on. Oh, and 32(!) codes all for the ECBM. Ok, clear the B3920, back up and go through the chassis section to directly talk to the ECBM. No codes. No issues. Where'd they go?

I just have no idea why these random codes keep popping. Truck seems to run and drive fine right now, but codes just keep showing up at complete random for communication issues and this seat thing.

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I'm just starting to lose heart with this thing.

I've disassembled more than I've ever wanted to know about this truck to check grounds all over the place. Pulled apart every module's connector to add a little dielectric grease per TSB. Checked wiring in a dozen places, patched and/or covered and re-secured as potential issues were discovered.

Pulled the onstar module to check its wiring. Verified it's getting adequate power and ground even though sometimes my tech2 says it's not powering up. I can enable/disable the mirror LED through tech2. So it's got something.

I got the new memory seat module as Alldata indicated following the troubleshooting of my B3920 code. Disassembled the drivers seat, replaced, hooked everything up. Had some related codes, ok, cleared them all. Radio was out of the vehicle at this time.

Started it, I can see live engine data. Ok, that's awesome. Getting a bunch of codes related to seat and some other unplugged items like the radio. No biggie. Shut down, reconnect everything, clear all codes.

Figured I'd try to program the new seat module using SPS2. Ran into the same issues already noted about pass-through with the new system. Support is closed on weekends, so oh well, disconnected and shut down my laptop.

Did one more scan of codes for the hell of it. SAME B3920 CODE BACK. Come on. Oh, and 32(!) codes all for the ECBM. Ok, clear the B3920, back up and go through the chassis section to directly talk to the ECBM. No codes. No issues. Where'd they go?

I just have no idea why these random codes keep popping. Truck seems to run and drive fine right now, but codes just keep showing up at complete random for communication issues and this seat thing.

Have you had any luck fixing this issue? I’ve been having intermittent issues like ecm bcm tcm tccm communication codes for like 6 months

OP
OP
T

TrybalRage

Reaction score
Have you had any luck fixing this issue? I’ve been having intermittent issues like ecm bcm tcm tccm communication codes for like 6 months

Unfortunately no. I thought I had it, but then driving last week the whole thing happened again. All gauges to 0, multiple error codes, reduced power and stuck in 2nd gear until I disconnected the battery cable again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues