I purchased a 2014 Tahoe LS 2wd with Texas Edition package, 86K miles and a cracked dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty_Dawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
During my 4 month search I came across two units with the Texas Edition package: a 2013 Yukon SLT (that failed mechanical inspection), and a 2014 Tahoe LS which I just purchased, pictured below.

20190518_152257.jpg

The first one caught my eye because I was searching for the LS and one popped up with Texas Edition package. This added 20” wheels, a heavy duty towing package and some bling. I could not locate much information about the Texas Edition, so I contribute this list below, now that I have purchased one.

When it became time to upgrade my 1999 Tahoe LS 4wd I considered and drove several alternatives. I read consumer reports, forums, user reviews and complaints galore. Based upon what I experienced with the 1999 and researched, I decided to go with another Tahoe or a Yukon, 2012-2014. Every unit I looked at had a cracked dash, some had dash covers. There is a thread and a Facebook group about this concern. I have decided to deal with it.

I prefer the bench-second row seating and without a sun-roof. Most of the LTs, LTZs I see have a second row Captain / Bucket seats, and/or with a Sun-roof. So I searched the listings daily, and waited for 2012-2014 LS with a bench seat and without a sun-roof, under 90K miles, near Atlanta, GA. This is rare, but eventually they surface.

All of the 2014s have Remote Start. The 2013 Texas Edition added Remote Start to a list similar to below.

Here is list of features on the data sheet about the 2014 Tahoe LS that I recently purchased, pictured below:

TEXAS EDITION:
Power Folding & Adjustable Heated Outside Mirrors
Wheels: 20” X 8.5” Polished Aluminum
Heavy-Duty Trailering Package
Chrome Door Handles
Bright Chrome Grille Insert
Texas Edition Badge
Heavy-Duty Rear Locking Differential
Front Halogen Fog Lamps
Chrome Recovery Hooks
Tires: P275/55R20 AS BW
HD Air-to-Oil Auxiliary Transmission Oil Cooler
HD Air-to-Oil External Engine Oil Cooler
3.42 Rear Axle Ratio
----------------------------------------------
In addition, this 2014 Tahoe LS has:
Front Reclining Bucket Seats
6-Way Power Driver Seat Adjuster
6-Way Power Front Passenger Seat Adjuster
Floor Console
Preferred Equipment Group 1LS:
Rear Vision Camera
Insider RV Mirror w/Rr Camera Display
Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/CD Player & MP3 Playback
USB Port Audio System Feature
Sirius XM Satellite Radio
20190511_133133.jpg

A label on the inside of the door says Assembled in Arlington, TX.

I sure hope this information helps someone else that comes across a Texas Edition. I was attracted by the 20” wheels. The extra bling with the folding mirrors is a big bonus for me. It has a Chrome package with an LS price.

The first one I found was a flood vehicle, so I suggest you be extra careful out there, and take your time. Before you purchase one, I suggest you have it inspected by a trusted mechanic; I had two mechanics look over and underneath mine.

The Sales manager that I purchased from told me “All Star Edition,” is a similar package / features are same as the Texas Edition. Perhaps someone will confirm or update this information too.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks perfect!

The Auto-leveling system works? What's your rear gear ratio? Mine's an LTZ and has a factory receiver hitch with 7-pin RV plug and 3.73 rear gear. Just curious if that's the "heavy-duty trailering package".

09Tahoe4Now

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a nice find!! I see them here in TX a lot but normally high miles and ridiculous prices!

Enjoy the new family SUV!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks perfect!

The Auto-leveling system works? What's your rear gear ratio? Mine's an LTZ and has a factory receiver hitch with 7-pin RV plug and 3.73 rear gear. Just curious if that's the "heavy-duty trailering package".

He's got the 6-speed so it will have 3.42 gears with the K5L package of old. I doubt an LS would have the auto-leveling suspension, probably just plain old shocks, ZW7 only, like mine.

Hey Gary, if this is so, note your 6XX and 7XX RPO codes and take photos of your shocks at springs at all 4 corners. Guys are always ditching their fancy suspensions for the simple and then wondering what to get if they desire OEM. I got them covered for the Suburbans, you can for the Tahoes.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's got the 6-speed so it will have 3.42 gears with the K5L package of old. I doubt an LS would have the auto-leveling suspension, probably just plain old shocks, ZW7 only, like mine.

Hey Gary, if this is so, note your 6XX and 7XX RPO codes and take photos of your shocks at springs at all 4 corners. Guys are always ditching their fancy suspensions for the simple and then wondering what to get if they desire OEM. I got them covered for the Suburbans, you can for the Tahoes.

I completely dismissed the multiple mentions of "LS" in his post. With all the chrome, 6-way power seats, power and convenience accessories, etc., my mind was stuck on LTZ. What's it "lacking"- leather seats? The side shot showing the back end sitting up so high made me think it had the Auto-leveling system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter