I need help with an elusive water leak - RF floorboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
That's not good...... I hope that's the only crack!!

Contact GM.... ?
Nah. it's just the panel gap sealer they use, nothing structural. Doubt they'd care much about me with a 15 year old second hand car anyways :p

I don't want to call this early... But it's been raining for the last hour or so and that problem corner area is dry. If it stays dry, then I'll pull the thing apart and actually fix it proper - scrape out all the old sealer and replace it. Will keep y'all posted

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not want to derail the thread to my issue but I know how aggravating a water leak can be. 09 Tahoe I have a mystery leak drivers side rear. I had a sweatshirt laying on the deck in the rear that was soaking wet the other day. Appears to be leaking through the headliner directly underneath the drivers side rear luggage rack mounting base. Anyone had problem leaks there before? I will get the water hose out if weather clears today but not looking froward to removing the headliner to pinpoint the leak source.........

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Water leaks.... yuk.... But considering how many gazillions of Tahoes & Yukons were manufactured, ,,, it's only natural some may have a little leak, due to a material malfunction.

Or assembly fault. I rarely hear about a leak. ( showing the quality of our trucks)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan