I/M Readiness -Evap Monitor not Ready

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cags

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have performed numerous drive cycles as per GM document, checked fuel cap okay no DTC codes. Evac monitor will not reset. I live in NY dont know with how many if any monitor not ready monitors permitted. Where else can I check for possible leak. I am also told this is an ongoing problem with GM.
Thanks
Joe

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It takes two decades to set that one. Go to your states website and check if you can have one incomplete. A little google action goes a long ways.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Here you go.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have no DTCs, current or pending, then you can get by with one "not ready." If you have pending or current DTCs then you'll want to do some work to get those to reset, depending on what they are.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That particular monitor does indeed take forever to set. The stupid drive cycle called for by GM is only possible if you live on a vehicle test track where you can wake up after sleeping in your vehicle and it’s not warmed up yet and can then accelerate to 50 mph and then coast to 20 and then repeat a few times all while holding one foot out the window and squeezing your right nut with your left hand. Well maybe not the last part but almost. Luckily it looks like you’ll be ok with one monitor not ready.

OP
OP
C

cags

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That particular monitor does indeed take forever to set. The stupid drive cycle called for by GM is only possible if you live on a vehicle test track where you can wake up after sleeping in your vehicle and it’s not warmed up yet and can then accelerate to 50 mph and then coast to 20 and then repeat a few times all while holding one foot out the window and squeezing your right nut with your left hand. Well maybe not the last part but almost. Luckily it looks like you’ll be ok with one monitor not ready.
Thanks rocket man will give it my best shot.

OP
OP
C

cags

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here you go.
Thanks will print it out and go with it.