I know it's been ask b4 but can't find it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosson03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking into the bb tuner, and do want to upgrade some of the easy stuff first.

I get that I should get the tube from airaid but shod I get the airaid filter 2 or shod I go with K&N or xyz!

Also when I had my f250 I cut off factory y pipe, and replace it with the size coming from exhaust
Does the 2007 denali have that restriction of a y pipe too
Any gains in hp & tq
And what brand

Any other stuff please inform

Last edited:

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think tune is your best bet, all depends on your power goals? I started small and ended up with SC and a long list of supporting mods. Plan well ahead so you don’t do stuff twice.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well try this
Longtubes with Y pipe from kooks or ARH
Airaid intake tube, Cam and tune, and you looking on 70-80hp maybe more depends on how aggressive cam and tune you pick

Last edited:

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Does it have DOD/AFM?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking into the bb tuner, and do want to upgrade some of the easy stuff first.

I get that I should get the tube from airaid but shod I get the airaid filter 2 or shod I go with K&N or xyz!

Also when I had my f250 I cut off factory y pipe, and replace it with the size coming from exhaust
Does the 2007 denali have that restriction of a y pipe too
Any gains in hp & tq
And what brand

Any other stuff please inform

Alright Rossen, if I understand your posts you have a 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali. If so, it has the L92 engine which has VVT but not AFM. If yours was built in 2006 there's a slim chance that the engine has AFM hardware but it is not active in the tune. Besides the build date, you can tell by looking at the valley cover under the intake. If it is lumpy you have AFM, if flat, no AFM.

Make your first mod the tune. I would not bother with other air filters, the largest paper filter leaves little to be desired. The Airaid tube is well liked.

Watch your exhaust tube sizing. It's easy to upset the scavenging effect and lose bottom end power when going too big.

OP
OP
Rosson03

Rosson03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured my engine and tyranny on its last leg so, run it down!
So list 1st to last

Tune
AIRAID with airaid filter or k&n
Exaust headers and y pipe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne