I knew I bragged too much on my Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Questions: Was the noise you heard coming from right behind the glove box? Which actuator did you replace to fix that noise? Time it took to replace? Was it easy access or PITA access? Thanks.
Yes, it's the recirculation actuator.

The guy on the video link shown below calls it the 4th actuator
Minute 2:20 shows its location

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, it's the recirculation actuator.

The guy on the video link shown below calls it the 4th actuator
Minute 2:20 shows its location
I was hoping that actuator was accessible behind the glove box but it appears that the upper dash has to come off and lots to remove for access. Not afraid of that but was hoping would be easier. I will definitely make sure of the correct actuator before replacement.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck, I have had a squeek behind my driver side dash that sounds like a little mouse, has happened intermittently for the last like 8 years.. only recently learned it is most likely the actuator back there. It only happens when the vents are set to head only.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good luck, I have had a squeek behind my driver side dash that sounds like a little mouse, has happened intermittently for the last like 8 years.. only recently learned it is most likely the actuator back there. It only happens when the vents are set to head only.
Yea, my girl is gone to Texas right now so I ride around with windows open all the time, love fresh air. She does not want her hair blown all around, so she wants the a/c on. I need her to ride and set a/c where she likes it and see where that setting is to try and duplicate the noise. System does blow cold, so not going to worry at the moment. When the noise happened, I couldn't even hear it till she pointed it out and we got really quiet in the cab.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
ROFLMFAO

This dude got jokes!

"Really quiet in the cab"... with a GIRL present! Dammit, Ron, you should do stand up!
I know right......It got quiet after she asked if I heard the noise and I said "what noise" and only then did she say, "be quiet and listen closely"......then I was thinking, "hell, I was already quiet and she was the one that was making noises and talking". I don't know how she heard it with all her racket. But, the noise was there. Women are strange noisy creatures.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know right......It got quiet after she asked if I heard the noise and I said "what noise" and only then did she say, "be quiet and listen closely"......then I was thinking, "hell, I was already quiet and she was the one that was making noises and talking". I don't know how she heard it with all her racket. But, the noise was there. Women are strange noisy creatures.
Hopefully, she does not read your posts. LOL