I have a suspension, wheel, and brake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Ca...254488&hash=item2883c8fbbf:g:kocAAOSwW4ddY~Jq

You were saying? If a bracket can be made to bolt these to the rear end housing and retain the stock rotors and parking brake assembly what's the problem?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2008-1...AOSwcUBYUCZZ:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!36109!US!-1

These are the Cobalt SS Brembo calipers. They are more expensive and weren't designed to stop a heavy performance SUV like the Porsche calipers. Let me know and I'll pass along my PayPal info so you can send over that Bajillion dollars.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither of those were designed to stop a big SUV and it seems like a lot of hassle to have brackets built to mount something with unknown braking power up to your rig but if it rings your bell by all means go for it. I’m just glad I won’t be riding with you. My Wilwoods are 3 times the size of those and after some hard runs, I trust them with my life. Those, not so much.

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Cayenne isn't a big SUV? 5000 lbs and the Yukon is around 5400 lbs. 2 passengers in a Cayenne and you have similar curb weight to a Yukon. The Cayenne has 6 piston front Brembo calipers and 4 piston rear Brembo calipers. Do you think the Cayenne and Q7 calipers are better equipped than C6Z calipers? I'm glad you trust your life to your Wilwoods......because you'd have a bad day if you hit the brake pedal and it went to the floor and you didn't slow down.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Cayenne isn't a big SUV? 5000 lbs and the Yukon is around 5400 lbs. 2 passengers in a Cayenne and you have similar curb weight to a Yukon. The Cayenne has 6 piston front Brembo calipers and 4 piston rear Brembo calipers. Do you think the Cayenne and Q7 calipers are better equipped than C6Z calipers? I'm glad you trust your life to your Wilwoods......because you'd have a bad day if you hit the brake pedal and it went to the floor and you didn't slow down.
I’m saying those brakes are waaaayyyy smaller than my Wilwoods. Have fun messing around with your life.

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And those brakes are WAY bigger than what came on your truck. If some brackets can be made that make it possible for people to upgrade from 2 piston calipers to 6 piston calipers there's nothing wrong with it. By the way I'm not messing around with my life by the looks of it.......

20190911_151009.jpg

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Ca...254488&hash=item2883c8fbbf:g:kocAAOSwW4ddY~Jq

You were saying? If a bracket can be made to bolt these to the rear end housing and retain the stock rotors and parking brake assembly what's the problem?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2008-10-Chevy-Cobalt-HHR-SS-LNF-Turbo-Front-Brembo-Calipers-25900763-64/323898357609?fits=Model:Cobalt|Submodel:SS&hash=item4b69d8b769:g:3SMAAOSwcUBYUCZZ:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!36109!US!-1

These are the Cobalt SS Brembo calipers. They are more expensive and weren't designed to stop a heavy performance SUV like the Porsche calipers. Let me know and I'll pass along my PayPal info so you can send over that Bajillion dollars.

Oh good for you. I was thinking you might actually be looking for the model that had brakes larger than what you already had, but guess not (13.0" vs 13.0"). Sounds like I was the one who should have specified that we aren't talking about the calipers that have pads TWO-THIRDS the size of what you have now.... but good luck with that custom bracket because it says "BREMBO" on the side.

While were at it; where did you get 5,000 pounds from? Try comparing curb weight to curb weight or gross weight vs gross weight. They are not close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts