I have a steering wheel audio control ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
I'm finally getting back to this project on my '15 PPV. I swapped steering wheels yesterday. As expected, the radio controls don't do anything (I haven't upgraded the cluster, and probably won't) but the lights for the buttons don't work. The cruise works, but the buttons don't light anymore. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the non-button wheel and the upgraded one? I'm guessing a wire needs to be moved. I'm adding an aftermarket Alpine 9" halo and and am hoping the idatalink Maestro interface that I bought with the stereo will still "see" the buttons and feed the aftermarket radio appropriately. We'll see in the next couple of weeks.

jabre

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm finally getting back to this project on my '15 PPV. I swapped steering wheels yesterday. As expected, the radio controls don't do anything (I haven't upgraded the cluster, and probably won't) but the lights for the buttons don't work. The cruise works, but the buttons don't light anymore. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the non-button wheel and the upgraded one? I'm guessing a wire needs to be moved. I'm adding an aftermarket Alpine 9" halo and and am hoping the idatalink Maestro interface that I bought with the stereo will still "see" the buttons and feed the aftermarket radio appropriately. We'll see in the next couple of weeks.
@2015TahoePPV, did you make any progress on this?

I'm a new owner of a 2017 PPV. I am ready to order a new aftermarket head unit. I would also be interested to know if the steering wheel controls work with the aftermarket integration. I'm planning to work off of @JohnC12's posted instructions, https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nz97lhm5rj6jn3/Tahoe Upgrade Guide.pdf?dl=0, where he wired directly into the steering wheel wiring harness.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
@2015TahoePPV, did you make any progress on this?

I'm a new owner of a 2017 PPV. I am ready to order a new aftermarket head unit. I would also be interested to know if the steering wheel controls work with the aftermarket integration. I'm planning to work off of @JohnC12's posted instructions, https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nz97lhm5rj6jn3/Tahoe Upgrade Guide.pdf?dl=0, where he wired directly into the steering wheel wiring harness.

I haven't really started this yet, I emailed with WAMS who sent me to the Harness Dr. I got the single wire that connects the steering wheel to the cluster, but if your truck doesn't have the HMI, apparently, you'll have to either get the full conversion from WAMS and the aftermarket harness to make it talk to the steering wheel, or you'll need a Denali cluster that will act as the HMI to interface with the aftermarket control box to the radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts