I had no idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I considered this rig because of the mileage and the shape it was in. I have, in the past, bought rigs and fixed/flipped them. To buy and dismantle and store the removed parts takes room, which I do not have. I am a resident manager at a self storage facility but I am full most of the time and have no room for parts storage as I sell them. Plus, at my age, 68, I am not a fan of climbing around on the ground anymore.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I considered this rig because of the mileage and the shape it was in. I have, in the past, bought rigs and fixed/flipped them. To buy and dismantle and store the removed parts takes room, which I do not have. I am a resident manager at a self storage facility but I am full most of the time and have no room for parts storage as I sell them. Plus, at my age, 68, I am not a fan of climbing around on the ground anymore.
Thanks! I understand the not "climbing around" bit -- I'm younger but share the same opinion. My stepmother made my Dad get rid of his truck because he wouldn't stop, but he's 87 this year, LOL.

BigDogYJ

Reaction score
I’ve got an 04 Yukon with this same setup. It uses a Borg Warner BW4482 transfer case. It’s a full time transfer case with a low range and utilizes a planetary gear set. Unfortunately ours is making some howling noise so it will need some work eventually. But it’s been doing this for ~20k miles so far. Not super common but I have heard of a few Suburban’s/Yuk XL and Tahoe/Yukon’s with this transfer case. It’s very similar to the 4481 used in the Denali but we have the extra benefit of the low range. It’s a pretty slick system but requires consistent fluid changes in the drivetrain to stay healthy. Otherwise you end up with prematurely worn components like mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT