I’m not as cool as I used to be...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
AC only blowing semi cool air. I can add Freon from a parts store can and get a tad bit cooler. I has a local shop vac and dye test. Already non cool 4 days later, and NO signs of leakage. I have an appointment tomorrow at a dealer to see how many body parts I will need to sell to cover the repair.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
AC only blowing semi cool air. I can add Freon from a parts store can and get a tad bit cooler. I has a local shop vac and dye test. Already non cool 4 days later, and NO signs of leakage. I have an appointment tomorrow at a dealer to see how many body parts I will need to sell to cover the repair.
Did you look through the grill for oil seepage on the condenser?

And.... chrck the lines under passenger side that run to the rear

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Pete, you need a ultra violet flashlight or go to wallyworld and get a small blacklight, pet store may sell a small one that is used to check for pet urine (same thing) and look virtually everywhere it has to be leaking somewhere.......i would start looking up from underneath

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Pete, you need a ultra violet flashlight or go to wallyworld and get a small blacklight, pet store may sell a small one that is used to check for pet urine (same thing) and look virtually everywhere it has to be leaking somewhere.......i would start looking up from underneath
Already used my top secret recorder ultraviolet light. Nodda

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. The condenser it was. That’s a grand well spent considering I know ZERO independent locations I trust that provide courtesy transportation while performing the work. Tahoe picked up Friday with exterior AND interior washed/cleaned. At least now I’m cool again.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retire your super duper ultraviolet light. LOL. Glad you got it fixed and thanks for the feedback. Another issued solved on this cool forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17