I’m new here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Welcome, I like the color. Fell like it had some rims on it at one point

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As they say “the Lord works in mysterious ways” new tail lights needed. I watched a car back into the passenger door of my beloved 81 Silverado. It was like slow motion. I’m thinking she’s going to stop, surely she’ll stop, Lord please stop her BANG...... sorry about yours.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It definitely was not the greatest start to a morning! Debating on pulling that dent out and slapping my taillight in until I hear from his insurance but then again, I don’t want to mess with anything and have something not fixed. So, I’ve resorted to my backup Jeep. Haha.
Anyone had any experience pulling a dent out from that spot below the taillight?
That’s about the worst place to pull a dent. That’s not gonna be easily fixed and will end up being filled to some extent unless they can weld in a new piece. I wouldn’t touch it until you take it in.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s prolly what I’m going to do. Ugh. Such a mess! Barely had it for a month Ohio drivers.

Make sure the other person's insurance agrees to have your truck repaired at a GM dealer bodyshop.

Make sure YOUR insurance requires it to be repaired at a GM dealer body shop!!!

( So, no short cuts / warranty)

....( Nice paint !! )

OP
OP
Jonesy92

Jonesy92

Reaction score
Thanks!
And Around here, closest GM dealer is at least an hour away. But! Thankfully, my buddy I’ve known for the last 10 years owns one of the 3 repair shops in town. I believe his guys are Chevy certified. Can’t promise though. Haha.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&Brooklyn N.Y.

Nice Tahoe and color. Sad about the hit you took in the rear. Looks to be a very well maintained Tahoe.

OP
OP
Jonesy92

Jonesy92

Reaction score
Well, good news! Other guys insurance is going to be paying for all repairs, and are locating a BBB accredited company who specializes in aftermarket parts and paint. !!! I’m excited!

In other news, I think I’m getting the rumored “reduced engine power” curse. Any help from anyone on that? Happens maybe once a week. Although, I do get another code or two. I’d have to check again. Heard something about cleaning up the 3 engine grounds and I’ve done 2/3. I am going to clean my throttle body here soon as my truck Hates starting in the cold. Or idling. Haha.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, good news! Other guys insurance is going to be paying for all repairs, and are locating a BBB accredited company who specializes in aftermarket parts and paint. !!! I’m excited!

In other news, I think I’m getting the rumored “reduced engine power” curse. Any help from anyone on that? Happens maybe once a week. Although, I do get another code or two. I’d have to check again. Heard something about cleaning up the 3 engine grounds and I’ve done 2/3. I am going to clean my throttle body here soon as my truck Hates starting in the cold. Or idling. Haha.
We need codes in order to help.

OP
OP
Jonesy92

Jonesy92

Reaction score
Been a while since I’ve been on! So, I decided to go ahead and take the claims check. Shortly after....I got side swiped on the highway. I swear, people can’t see the giant purple land yacht. Anyways, after taking care of all that. I finally got around to throwing the fleece light mod chip on. Here she is!

D92718E3-8A47-4C13-BF67-C48D02379BD2.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442