I’m back with an Esky this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought another one for the 18 Silverado couple weeks ago, I think this is about the best price around still. I just used the rubber hose and fitting that are included with the cooler and clamped over the factory lines. I used a bracket to move the ambient temp sensor over a few inches because it kept telling me it was 125 deg''s outside because it was sitting behind the cooler, when i mounted the cooler I used some 1" stand-off's I didn't want it flush up against the radiator support. I originally went with a flex-a-lite but it's didn't do shit
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tru-Cool-Max-Transmission-Oil-Cooler-40-000-GVW-Low-Pressure-Drop-LPD47391/322225882661?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
View media item 27546View media item 27547View media item 27545View media item 27544
That’s a great price. I’ve got the one with the cold weather bypass on my list. It’s more $$ but figure I need that one here in Co.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t bring myself to use rubber hose on a barbed fitting with a hose clamp for a trans line. I seen a buddy do it on a brand new trans and hose popped off and puked all the ATF out and smoked the new trans. They rebuilt it again because he said it just stopped working but I made him use hard lines and fittings. Shamed him into it really. I couldn’t imagine having my family loaded up heading up north and the line blow off. I’ve just seen too many things that can go wrong, go wrong.

But I like that pan. I may have to order one. Thanks for the links. I’m gonna see if I can find factory fittings to fit that cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the fittings are barbed so I didn't think it would be a issue, I saw in your earlier post about the trans line pressure being up to 300psi? where did you get that info? I was under the impression the trans lines ran maybe 25-30 psi

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
the fittings are barbed so I didn't think it would be a issue, I saw in your earlier post about the trans line pressure being up to 300psi? where did you get that info? I was under the impression the trans lines ran maybe 25-30 psi

I was originally gonna say 250PSI but didn’t want to spread bad info. So I looked it up on trucktransdiag.com.
f9ce26fa81a861cd28d4eda4e13373c8.jpg

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score

To ease your mind from thinking rubber lines will blow off the fittings, when that happened to my buddy, he took the lines out of his radiator and slipped a hose over the line. Figured it had a flare on the end and it would hold with a hose clamp. It didn’t. And he had to pull trans again. So that’s a little different than hose on a barbed fitting. Barbs do hold better. That was a 4L60e, it’s pressure are:
f10a8626e356666b2acb9e51341afb34.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To ease your mind from thinking rubber lines will blow off the fittings, when that happened to my buddy, he took the lines out of his radiator and slipped a hose over the line. Figured it had a flare on the end and it would hold with a hose clamp. It didn’t. And he had to pull trans again. So that’s a little different than hose on a barbed fitting. Barbs do hold better. That was a 4L60e, it’s pressure are:

Holy shit. I had no idea they went up that high!! [emoji15][emoji15]

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

they must be testing on a high pressure port for internal pressure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne