Hypertech Max Energy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1kevinc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hoping this thread will result in a more detailed answer than the last.
I have a Hypertech Max Energy controller for my 07 Suburban 5.3 LTZ.
I wonder if anyone out there really knows if the controller will benefit the performance in ways I can feel? Does this controller adjust Air Fuel Management or anything besides shift points that I will be able to feel? Does it do anything at all for fuel mileage or acceleration aside from the shift points and firmness?
Thanks.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be a A88hole...... but bud

you already have experience with it right?

What did you notice from the last time ..... difference wise?

Because if you cannot feel a difference then why bother IMO

Since you already have the unit plug it up..... if you don;t like it then revert back to stock IMO

well I used it ( Hypertech Max Energy) to tune a prior 07 Tahoe and enjoyed the firmer quicker shifts and higher rpm shift points. But the Tahoe felt more performance oriented than the Burb I have now. But then again I had a K & N and dual Magnaflow on the Tahoe which obviously weighed a little less. I already (still) have the Hypertech in hand and I'm trying to decide if I want to reduce the luxury a bit in favor of drivability.

OP
OP

1kevinc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I "felt" a difference in the Tahoe that had Magnaflow duals and K&N. So a lot of factors went into the seat of the pants and sensory feel in the tahoe. What I'm asking is - is one of the intents of this programmer to improve fuel, air, and spark differences? Or is it just the aspects available on the readout. The gas mileage improvements found on the tahoe may not match what I find on the Suburban without the aftermarket exhaust and intake. I'm just trying to get the real deal about the product that the manufacturer may not want to divulge. I don't want to lose the smooth shift points unless there is a tangible difference in economy AND performance of the drivetrain. I was hoping to get some input from someone who knows as a backup to what I will get from future tests. If I asked this same type of question about my motorcycle from that forum I would get 100 opinions and ideas that would help me evaluate and rationalize my own opinion. Isn't that what a forum is?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hoping this thread will result in a more detailed answer than the last.
I have a Hypertech Max Energy controller for my 07 Suburban 5.3 LTZ.
I wonder if anyone out there really knows if the controller will benefit the performance in ways I can feel? Does this controller adjust Air Fuel Management or anything besides shift points that I will be able to feel? Does it do anything at all for fuel mileage or acceleration aside from the shift points and firmness?
Thanks.

You will not benefit nor feel any performance w the HME dont waste your money. Go get u a real tune its all worth it.

OP
OP

1kevinc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Ivan,
But what do you mean by a real tune? Are you talking about a device or a pro shop?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i managed to get a straight answer from hypertech once a while ago. thier "programmers" are meant to be used on completely stock vehicles. all i had on the vehicle in question was an intake and an exhaust and i was told my mods were beyond the programmer. its supposed to tweek a few parameters and make the vehicle feel more sporty. with a handheld tuner or just a single custom tune from a shop you can usually request something special or even multiple tunes for what you want to do. you can have one tune for mpg another tune for street fun and a third tune for pure drag racing in some cases.