Hydro-Boost brakes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Force/leverage is pretty much along the same lines. You're pushing the pads against the rotors harder. The problem is, they're the same surface area. Heat can only get disdipated so fast. But drive one of our trucks down a one-lane road about 4-5,000 feet elevation drop in a few miles and you'd be scared with our stock size rotors, I guarantee you. I had literally zero brakes about three quarters of the way down, and if I'd come upon an uphill vehicle as I came around a corner I'd have been screwed. I wasn't driving that fast but as soon as I would let off the brakes I would be doing 30-40 again. So like I said, it depends on what you need from your brakes. In no way would hydroboost have done much but in normal city driving it does help.

The only difference between the Hydro-boost vs Vacuum is how the energy is applied. I had a Chevy Caprice classic diesel wagon It had the hydro-boost because diesel engines don't produce vacuum .

When I go down the mountain with about a 12 to 15 hundred elevation drop, I always drop the trans into 2 after leaving the top, I can toggle back and forth between 2 and 3. I keep my feet off the brakes as much as possible. But in the back of my head am I taxing my transmission to save the brakes?

POWERBRAKEBOB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Guys! My first post here. Power Brake Service is the only O.E. distributor foe NEW, not junk yard, BOSCH HYDROBOOST systems. I set it up for you to ease the installation. I have converted many of these vehicles to Hydrboost, and using larger calipers, pads, and an inexpesive rear brake upgrade kit. PRESSURE is what stops the vehicle. The Hydroboost can deliver up to 1800psi to the calipers at idle pump speed. The system also takes out all that "mushy" feel in the brake pedal. I have furnished upgraded brake systems to the police Tahoes, and also Secret Service armored Sububurbans. Handicapped braking systems is one of my specialties. These are NEW units, and PBS can offer a lifetime warranty over Bosch's one year warranty. Larger rotors, in most cases, will not clear the factory cast spindles. I also offer a larger caliper, bolt on, with larger pads, and the cross drilled rotors. Frank, here, has ordered my Hydroboost system, and I am waiting for him to report on this forum his reviews. Bob Sweeting

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys! My first post here. Power Brake Service is the only O.E. distributor foe NEW, not junk yard, BOSCH HYDROBOOST systems. I set it up for you to ease the installation. I have converted many of these vehicles to Hydrboost, and using larger calipers, pads, and an inexpesive rear brake upgrade kit. PRESSURE is what stops the vehicle. The Hydroboost can deliver up to 1800psi to the calipers at idle pump speed. The system also takes out all that "mushy" feel in the brake pedal. I have furnished upgraded brake systems to the police Tahoes, and also Secret Service armored Sububurbans. Handicapped braking systems is one of my specialties. These are NEW units, and PBS can offer a lifetime warranty over Bosch's one year warranty. Larger rotors, in most cases, will not clear the factory cast spindles. I also offer a larger caliper, bolt on, with larger pads, and the cross drilled rotors. Frank, here, has ordered my Hydroboost system, and I am waiting for him to report on this forum his reviews. Bob Sweeting
You can't be advertising for a business here bub without becoming a sponsored vendor. No siree. @yates ™ @NathanJax @goodinblack

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on now Mark.... it's power brake Bob for crying out loud.... lol
No it's POWERBRAKEBOB dammit!!!! AKA BOB !!!!! Come on now, shout it out! :signs8:
Also, in case you missed it, he works on those "armored Sububurbans" which I'm guessing are a cross between a Subaru Outback and a Suburban. Prolly why the Secret Service uses them , nobody would know it's a gov't vehicle. LMAO.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
No it's POWERBRAKEBOB dammit!!!! AKA BOB !!!!! Come on now, shout it out! :signs8:
Also, in case you missed it, he works on those "armored Sububurbans" which I'm guessing are a cross between a Subaru Outback and a Suburban. Prolly why the Secret Service uses them , nobody would know it's a gov't vehicle. LMAO.

I caught that as well... funny stuff... can you imagine seeing them breed???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues