Hybrid Transmission - how to check fluid level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BamaDawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to check the transmission fluid on the 2013 GMC Yukon Denali HYBRID? The manual does not tell you: when running or off? in Park or Neutral? They have unique transmissions, in that they have an extra pump to run when the engine is off. When I check mine and the engine is running and tranny is hot it is fine on the hot *** cross marks. When i check it cold, it is well above the hot mark but in normal transmissions it should be lower not higher? Does the extra pump dump more fluid in the pan? You would think the hybrid specific manual would advise this but no? HELP. Anyone with a Hybrid know or see this?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to check the transmission fluid on the 2013 GMC Yukon Denali HYBRID? The manual does not tell you: when running or off? in Park or Neutral? They have unique transmissions, in that they have an extra pump to run when the engine is off. When I check mine and the engine is running and tranny is hot it is fine on the hot *** cross marks. When i check it cold, it is well above the hot mark but in normal transmissions it should be lower not higher? Does the extra pump dump more fluid in the pan? You would think the hybrid specific manual would advise this but no? HELP. Anyone with a Hybrid know or see this?
are you having a problem? how is the temp?? 157F-162F seems pretty typical??

Yes my is at the Hot line the two dots ( • • Hot ) while off for about 2 day

Note it was 100F today 90F currently

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have part number 25926401

i'll look in the hybrid owners manual booklet

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members