Hybrid Fuel Gauge Recalibration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I did a test today on my 09 ** just to satisfy my curiosity. I drove till it was showing just over 50 miles DTE then as soon as it dropped below 50 on the DTE I got a chime warning and a gas light below the guage came on. So I drove about 13 more miles down to 36 DTE and then below that I got a LOW FUEL WARNING message on the center screen and the DTE was no longer displaying a mileage count just a warning FUEL RANGE LOW (see pics). At this point I fueled up not wanting to ruin my fuel pump by running it out of fuel and overheating it. Mine is an 09 so I am not sure how other year models work? I just assumed they were all the same? When it went to the warning message I did not think about hitting the scroll button again it might have cleared the warrning and shown DTE miles again I might could have driven much further Hahaha My BIG mistake when filling up was using my new Shell discount card I got 0.20 cents per gallon off but it was limited to 20 gallons and the silly pump cut off AT EXACTLY 20 GALLONS and I could not tell how much it would have taken to completely fill the tank to verify how many gallons were left. Dang it, but I saved a few bucks on fuel Hahahahaha

IMG_7222.jpg IMG_7224.jpg IMG_7225.jpg

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never run my HYHO low enough on fuel to see it it has a low fuel level light. I might do that this weekend just to see...........I typically refill the tank if I get down to less than 1/2 full but of course I am NOT a woman and it does seem to be their "thing" to run a vehicle all the way down as close to empty as possible. I would have all kinds of "range anxiety" happening at under 1/4 tank LMFAO
yes it has one it lights up yellow when low
you can see it do that upon startup for a second which is normal "POST" (Power on self test)

just like the CEL etc.. Never let it get low as the fuel cools the "fuel pump".. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf