Hybrid battery pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lashawn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick ? Dealer told me my hybrid battery is shot and replacement is 3500.My truck is a 2008 Tahoe mode2 and I found a another battery from a 2010 would this battery pack work I. My model year or did they change from year to year.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will fit just fine they did not change them. Is the 2010 pack confirmed as being a good one? I just replaced my hybrid battery pack in my 201,000 mile 2009 HYHO and I have the old battery pack on my work bench. It was actually working just fine but the new one does work better but not really much of an improvement. I am going to do some testing the old battery over the next few days and see how well the battery modules have held up. I bought a Reaktor balance charger tester unit that reads all the charge discharge levels etc. If all 40 of the internal modules are badly deteriorated then I will just send it back as a core HOWEVER if it still has some good capacity left (like I think it may have) then someone like you might be able to use it. What area are you in? If you are close to Nashville TN I might swap with you for like a couple hundred bucks and help you swap it in if you want to drop by (if it tests out good) It takes less than an hour to swap, no big deal at all. Holler at me if happen to be close by and we can work a deal (if I find that the old battery is still use-able) I have attached an excel sheet of the resting voltages which look great but just that resting voltage means very little. My new toy (that came in via FedEx today) a Reaktor 1000W 30A charger discharger tester will be hooked up probably tomorrow night to start testing. Going to be awesome, I love this stuff.

Attachments

• Hybrid Battery standing voltages spreadsheet.pdf
    221.9 KB · Views: 4

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick ? Dealer told me my hybrid battery is shot and replacement is 3500.My truck is a 2008 Tahoe mode2 and I found a another battery from a 2010 would this battery pack work I. My model year or did they change from year to year.
maybe the terminals need to be cleaned this is something you can do your self it's worth a try
before spending 3k on a new pack

the cable terminals on the hybrid pack

like in the photo they get corrosion on them and it does not work correctly or charge them correctly

aka resistance..

It is HIGH voltage but once you get the cable off the voltage drops to just a few volts..

don't let 300Volts scare you it's not like 300VAC (alternating voltage)
DC current is more forgiving then AC is.
a good
Mutimeter is a must still...
if you don't have gloves
s-l1600 (10).jpg

the bus bars get moldy and GO HIGH resistance ...
when they go high resistance they don't work very well Capture.JPG

Last edited:

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see some corrosion on my old batteries bus bars but not very much. Mine has very low capacity modules. Keeping in mind my 09 has 202,000 miles on the original hybrid battery. If you have the battery opened up and the bus bars off it is a great opprotunity to do some testing on the modules. I bought a Turnigy Reaktor balance charger and power supply and have been working my way through the modules since 2-24-2019 will complete tomorrow. The replacement battery that I got came from Best Hybrid Battery just outside of Chicago I was told that ALL the modules in my replacement battery pack were NEW, not old reconditioned batteries. I may never know as they put seals on the casse and I canot open it to check without voiding my warranty on it. I do know thta ALL my modules in the old battery were badly degraded the bus bar corrosion might have contributed but was not the main problem in mine.
IMG_7281.jpg IMG_7325.jpg
IMG_7367.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu