HVAC Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also about the 2 wire plug, my accumulator doesn't have it. Unless I'm really overlooking something.
View attachment 233356
Ok... if you follow that large suction line back to the compressor, is there a 2 wire switch at all?

This system may not use the clutch cycling method like the 2006 and prior models do if there is no switch.
Your setup may be like that. So in this case, there are some other ways that GM uses to control it.
Some compressors have a control valve inside the compressor to keep the pressure above the freezing point.
Others use a sensor located inside the evaporator housing to monitor temperatures and when they get below freezing it will then cycle the compressor off. Yours is probably some form of this method

We need to figure out which one you have. Might need a scan tool that can access the HVAC module to see things further. I know you said you have manual Controls, but now a days its still computer controlled LOL!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have control over the AC?

Like if you manually turn it off but leave the blower on, does it respond and turn off?

OP
OP

09_BLK GMC

Reaction score
Ok... if you follow that large suction line back to the compressor, is there a 2 wire switch at all?

This system may not use the clutch cycling method like the 2006 and prior models do if there is no switch.
Your setup may be like that. So in this case, there are some other ways that GM uses to control it.
Some compressors have a control valve inside the compressor to keep the pressure above the freezing point.
Others use a sensor located inside the evaporator housing to monitor temperatures and when they get below freezing it will then cycle the compressor off. Yours is probably some form of this method

We need to figure out which one you have. Might need a scan tool that can access the HVAC module to see things further. I know you said you have manual Controls, but now a days its still computer controlled LOL!!

Lol! True!
After searching the net it seems like the switch is closer to the compressor. Ill try and take a look later today and let you know.

OP
OP

09_BLK GMC

Reaction score
So just an update, I seem to have solved my issue. I changed out my cycling clutch switch. It was on the line close towards the compressor. I had both the defrost and AC running separately and didn't freeze up the accumulator. Ill let you guys know if it really fixes the issue on a longer drive.

20191102_164400.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne