HVAC Control Head?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are all good points but if the truck doesn’t see the counts from the position sensor it will fail calibration. Thats what mine was doing. It wouldn't see the counts correctly.
So my new Actuator may still work if I put it back to where it was originally before I ''Tested'' it before bolting it in place ?

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 'mode door actuator' you have to rotate a little to line if up with the shaft it slides on and then trun it to where the mounts line up. The heater control actuator 'blend door' is easier to line up if you turn the blend door a little by hand. In both cases you have to make sure your actuator is within its movement range indicated by the marks. If it's out of that range, you have to turn the motor in the actuator on the bench with jumpers. There's a video by ACDelco on this on utube.
I figured it out after I removed the drivers seat so I could stretch out inside the truck instead of kneeling outside the truck and reaching up to install it(mode actuator).

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either all three of the 02 actuators were bad or GM changed something over the years. Maybe you have the wrong actuator model?

THIS was my problem. I bought the correct model actuator used even, and it worked first try, no calibration needed, plugged in and it worked.

Thank you Fjs0001 :)

I had bought a "new replacement" off ebay and off amazon that matched my actuator number "supposedly".... they did NOT.

Problem solved, no more hot air goming out drivers side only, all the time :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01