Husky X-Act Contour Floor Mats and Weathertech Rear Cargo Mat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After extensive research online reading reviews and watching videos, I decided to go with the following (the items below are hyperlinked to Amazon which were the cheapest place I found + free shipping with Amazon Prime):

Front Seat: Husky X-Act Contour Mats
Back Seat: Husky X-Act Contour Mats
Third Row: Husky X-Act Contour Mats
Cargo Area: Weathertech Cargo Mat

So a little background about why I chose the items above.

So I've owned both Husky Weatherbeaters and Weathertech mats in all of my cars. Both offer great protection and style, but sometimes one doesn't fit as well as the other and this is very true for the 2015 Tahoe.

In both of my Lexus vehicles, the Weathertechs looked amazing, fit amazing and contoured the interior perfect and matched my needs for protection while not looking too industrial.

In my 4Runner, the Husky Weatherbeaten fit was amazing, they were hard as nails and contoured the interior perfect. It was exactly what I wanted for this vehicle

For the Tahoe seating area, from what I reviewed on forum threads, articles and videos, this is what I determined:

- The Weathertechs just didn't hold their shape well. They were flimsy and looked cheap.
- The Husky Weatherbeaters fit well but were very rugged looking, not as classy as I was looking for.
- The X-Act Contour were soft, conformed well to the interior body molds and had an upscale look to them.

For the Tahoe cargo area, from what I reviewed on forum threads, articles and videos, this is what I determined:

- The Husky cargo mat didn't hold it's shape very well
- The Weathertech cargo mat did hold it's shape very well (plus it's color has a shinier texture which I preferred)

These are my opinions based on my reviews, hope it helps someone in their decision.

IMG_6153.jpg

IMG_6154.jpg

IMG_6155.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the exact setup I went with--less third row. I'm extremely happy and it works great.

I'm working on a way to keep the cargo mat from scooting around, however. Experimenting with Velcro...

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Husky Weatherbeaters in mine, and was so impressed! Looks like these X-Act Contour fit even better. AMAZING!

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I went with (I think that's the model of the husky)...
I also went with the weather tech trunk mat. It fits horribly. It's too long and if you have anything in it, it always slides towards the door and bends up...and then when you open the door, it doesn't want to shut all the way...

I guess I too need to put long rows of the hook side of Velcro on it and also trim it down...

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out the Velcro didn't work. It wouldn't stick to the mat, and glue won't hold it.

What seems to be working for the time being is the anti-slip mat for carpet and silverware holders and the like. It looks like a tiny beaded carpet. I bought some at Wally World and cut it down in sections (it was 12" x 10') and installed it under the mat. So far the mat hasn't moved...

Hoping this works!

What I used is similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Grip-It-Non-Slip-Surface-Floors-10-Feet/dp/B003TDQQIA

So I have this under my cargo area mat, with a couple of heavy tubs (of literature) sitting on top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts