HUD & Windshield Tint...Any Problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May or may not get my Windshield tinted. Was wondering if anyone has gotten theirs done, and you have the HUD, if there have been any negative effects with the HUD and tint not playing nice together, or is it not an issue?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full windshield tint with HUD, no issues.
There is a concern too about our friends having friends that use radar detectors and the tint reducing their abilities.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a concern too about our friends having friends that use radar detectors and the tint reducing their abilities.

I wouldn't know why, unless the tint has metallic properties. Laser? Maybe. I know that those early heated windshields, (they kind of look pinkish), are bad for them though.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't know why, unless the tint has metallic properties. Laser? Maybe. I know that those early heated windshields, (they kind of look pinkish), are bad for them though.
If my friend’s friend did it, he was use ceramic tint since my other windows are ceramic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu