Howdy - 02 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Goat

Reaction score
Welcome.

Another point you may want to consider. 200,000 miles on mine.

Oil pan gasket was leaking and oil pressure had dropped to between 30 to 35 lbs at highway speed just lately (Common Problem).

Pulled oil pan to change out the gasket and put a new o-ring on oil pickup tube.

No more oil leak and oil pressure went back up to 45 lbs on highway!!!

Happy Days are here again!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome.

Another point you may want to consider. 200,000 miles on mine.

Oil pan gasket was leaking and oil pressure had dropped to between 30 to 35 lbs at highway speed just lately (Common Problem).

Pulled oil pan to change out the gasket and put a new o-ring on oil pickup tube.

No more oil leak and oil pressure went back up to 45 lbs on highway!!!

Happy Days are here again!

Yep. Soon to do the rear main seal and oil pan gasket and trans mount on mine. My oil pressure is 42 at idle and higher at speed but am gonna do the new seal and also the pickup tube.

Old Goat

Reaction score
I thought my rear main was leaking also, but upon removing the inspection port on bottom of bellhousing that proved not be a valid assumption!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I thought my rear main was leaking also, but upon removing the inspection port on bottom of bellhousing that proved not be a valid assumption!

I thought mine was just leaking from the front of the oil pan gasket but after inspection plate removal I did see small signs of oil throwing out from the center at the rear main seal but no puddles, so was in the early stages of the rear seal starting to leak.