How To: Turn Off “Service Suspension System” because Ride Level Height is Incorrect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
If you’ve lifted or lowered your truck that has “AutoRide” deleted, you’ll need to do these things to disable “Service Suspension System”:

1. Disconnect negative battery cable.

2. Wire in a resistor at each shock location (see YouTube video link below on how to do this).

3. Remove Fuse #61 (should say “ALC/Comp” which means “Automatic Leveling Control Compressor.” (See picture below of exact location)(Thanks to @Rocket Man for explaining this in a separate thread)

(EDIT: The aforementioned process of removing the fuse turned out to be a temporary solution. You’ll need to physically adjust the ride height sensor, so make sure you take note of sensor locations prior to doing suspension work. This will allow you to make final adjustments more easily and without much guesswork).

4. Re-attach Negative battery cable.

How to wire in resistors:

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for submitting this information that you have personally verified. Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

Tim Welch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Should this process also take care of the stabilitrak light as well?
I just started the suspension conversion to moog coils and bilstien 5100’s. I have only done the rear and will be doing the front later this week.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Should this process also take care of the stabilitrak light as well?
I just started the suspension conversion to moog coils and bilstien 5100’s. I have only done the rear and will be doing the front later this week.

Hi Tim,
So I forgot to update this post. Taking the ALC fuse out and reinstalling it worked only a very short time for me and now my “Service Suspension” light is on again. I have to physically adjust my ride height sensors. I don’t believe my StabiliTrac light is on (will check tomorrow and let you know). With that said, I believe you must have a separate issue going on that is throwing the StabiliTrac code. Have you hooked it up to a Scan Tool?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts