How to temporarily seal brake line leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesLond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For starters, this car WILL NOT be driven anywhere until the line is repaired. All I want is to stop the leaking in my driveway till I can get everything together I need.

It's a pin sized hole with a slow leak and I tried to just wrap it with duck tape but it hasn't really slowed the flow.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its a hard line, cut the line at the pin hole. if its in a clear area, then pop a compression fitting on the two half's and shes actually good to go. unless you hate compression fittings lol

if the line is rusty sand it for a couple inches on both sides of the pin hole, then cut it. small pipe cutters are magic for this type of job. no metal shavings left behind.

Reaction score
How bout Flex Tape? I mean, if it can make a boat made out of a screen door float with a fat man in it, it should keep a pinhole leak from a brake line from dripping on the driveway

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For starters, this car WILL NOT be driven anywhere until the line is repaired. All I want is to stop the leaking in my driveway till I can get everything together I need.

It's a pin sized hole with a slow leak and I tried to just wrap it with duck tape but it hasn't really slowed the flow.

Pinch the line with a vice grip and leave it on until you make repairs.

Vise grip or two! I once had to drive home from the drag strip with vise grips on my rear brake lines because my coordination on pressing the gas pedal and releasing the parking brake is worse then my dancing! I was using the parking brake as a poor man's line lock and destroyed the rear brakes on launch! Embarrassing! Only time one of my cars ever failed to go down the track.

Sixty six miles, mostly highway and driving slow on city streets in the evening to get home. I was in my 20s then and was invincible. ;-)

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Vise grip or two! I once had to drive home from the drag strip with vise grips on my rear brake lines because my coordination on pressing the gas pedal and releasing the parking brake is worse then my dancing! I was using the parking brake as a poor man's line lock and destroyed the rear brakes on launch! Embarrassing! Only time one of my cars ever failed to go down the track.

Sixty six miles, mostly highway and driving slow on city streets in the evening to get home. I was in my 20s then and was invincible. ;-)
So sounds like me!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably a million ways to keep the leak from getting on the driveway, if you can't pinch it off or do not want to then roll it over a piece of plastic, tarp, cardboard, piece of wood or anything handy, throw some dirt or sand under it to absorb it, I mean there is literally all kinds of ways.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just cut the line where the hole is and then add a piece of fuel line hose and 2 band clamps,

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably a million ways to keep the leak from getting on the driveway, if you can't pinch it off or do not want to then roll it over a piece of plastic, tarp, cardboard, piece of wood or anything handy, throw some dirt or sand under it to absorb it, I mean there is literally all kinds of ways.
7b2.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne