How to stop Denali from honking when leaving with key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I exit the vehicle while it is running and have the key in my pocket. Is there a way I can get it stop honking when I do this?

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know but I do agree that it is rather annoying.

gravitypad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can turn this off under Settings in the Intellink. It is called "Remote left in vehicle alert". I don't recall exactly which setting category it is under.

EvoSteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought that setting might do it too but it didn't. If anyone finds out how to change this setting please post.

fszatko

Reaction score
I agree. Very annoying. Honks when I get out to fill up gasoline (makes it look like I'm calling the attendant). Honks when I get out to get the paper off the driveway (wakes up my wife).

The setting for "key left in vehicle" is exactly that - it won't let you lock the vehicle if the key is left inside.

This is different. It honks when the vehicle is running and the key leaves (walks away from) the vehicle.

I can't find a way to change it.

Maks_D.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem with honking, I can't find setting for for it

nemloc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone figured this out? My dealer had no idea.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have found this to be an annoyance. Seems absurd that it cannot be turned off.

AReeves08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Throw me in on needing an answer. I wish I could just program it like the locking feature when I exit the vehicle with the fob and the engine off. A few seconds, a light flash and lock the doors. All I need to do to get back in is push the bottom on the handle. That would be perfect!

Last edited:

Nord

Reaction score
I decided to ask the GMC.com chat people this question and it doesn't look like there's a way around it:

Connection established.
Welcome to GMC
Connecting.....A live chat agent is now entering the chat.
Kevin:8:27:15 AM
Hello and thank you for contacting GMC Customer Assistance. My name is Kevin, how may I help you today?
Me:8:28:35 AM
I have a 2015.5 GMC Yukon SLT and I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the vehicle from honking when I leave it running and exit the vehicle with the key fob
Kevin:8:29:47 AM
Thank you, to better assist you may I please have your VIN and mileage please?
Me:8:30:33 AM
I don't have that near me right now
Kevin:8:32:32 AM
That's ok, I can attempt to help you still anyway without it. We are just required to gather that information for documenting purposes. One moment while I look into this for you.
Me:8:32:48 AM
Okay
Kevin:8:35:08 AM
I am sorry, but there isn't a way to disable it.
Kevin:8:35:46 AM
It is a safety feature of the vehicle. There is not anyway to turn safety features off.
Me:8:35:52 AM
That's what I was afraid of, it is very annoying.
Kevin:8:36:58 AM
I am sorry, I do apologize, but tthere is not anyway around it. It's only there for your safety and concern.
Kevin:8:37:54 AM
Do you have any other questions or concerns I may help you with today Eric?
Me:8:37:59 AM
I fail to see how it is a safety feature. If someone is so out of touch with not realizing they're exiting a vehicle then they probably shouldn't be driving to begin with.
Me:8:38:10 AM
That is all, thank you.
Kevin:8:39:26 AM
I understand, and again I am sorry. Thank you for chatting in with GMC Customer Assistance today. Have a great day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442