How To: Steering Position Sensor Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattb1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im not sure if there is already a thread for this but....

For all of you that have that "light\floating" in your steering here is the fix..
For starters you will need to order the sensor from a dealership or parts house (I got mine from the dealership 85 dollars im sure you can find cheaper online) part number was 26064468 steering position sensor
The tools you will need are a 15mm socket and a razor blade and a small screw driver

slide driver seat back and look under dash there will be a grey round housing that holds the sensor (part you will need to replace)
there is also a 15 mm carriage bolt that connexts the steering shaft to the steering wheel loosen that and slide the bottom shaft forward to the firewall
undo the three tension clips and slide the old sensor out of it housing.
follow the wires from the sensor up on top of the steering column and find the connection ( it will probably be wrapped in foam so use the razor blade to cut the foam back and on top of the connection there is a green keey like thing slide it out and then disconnect the connection remove the old sensor and intall the new one with the copper facing the driver. slide it into its housing and then fasten the connection. rebolt the steering shaft to the column ( make sure Your wheel isnt upside down) and you are done!

Took me ten minutes to do super easy and i promise you its night and day difference!

misspooh

Reaction score
Cost me $22 from rock auto. Took 5 minutes. Amazing diffrence!!! Like new steering. The old one smelt burnt and when I took it apart it was burnt....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17