How to shop for an intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The owner of Volant use to be the tool guy for iceman intakes, they are set up just like the AEM kit long and short rams, Ice around the intakes is still around today same as CO2 spray, It all started from racing just like everything else

it was popular with the ricer crown about 10 years ago or so. It had a box right after the filter that you would load dry ice into so the air was cooler.... hahahaha hilarious!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was popular with the ricer crown about 10 years ago or so. It had a box right after the filter that you would load dry ice into so the air was cooler.... hahahaha hilarious!

I read somewhere that guys at the track will use that ice trick...can't remember if it was trying to cool the engine inbetween runs or what.

B

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horsepower on spike showed a clip of a intake on a mustang with a ice box last weekend, they use ice to cool the AIT the cooler the air the more hp

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I've been cooling heat exchangers and intercoolers with nitrous, compressed co2, or a fire extinguisher for years. Works quite well on boosted applications, not so much on n/a engines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu