HOW TO: Remove Door Panels 07+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my chrome handles today. Thanks Robbie and thanks OP for the DIyer thread

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for 12 Hoe metal door handles, no luck - anyone have a line on where I can get metal ones. OEM, etc are all plastic!

Raptor Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok. so some guys were talking about paying someone to do this (why can't I live around them? :(), so I decided to do a quick write up on how to do this.

tools needed:

3/8 drive ratchet
6" extension
10mm deep well socket
standard tip screw driver

View attachment 119698

ok. i don't take my door panel all the way off because it's not necessary.

step one: remove plastic trim pieces like so:

grab here and pull
View attachment 119699
pry gently in the indention
View attachment 119700
View attachment 119701
pry gently underneath
View attachment 119702

step two: remove 3 10mm bolts from below the armrest and inside the door handle:
View attachment 119703
View attachment 119704
View attachment 119705
View attachment 119706

step three: unclip switch bezel (only if changing the mirrors, if doing door handles, skip to step four.)

View attachment 119707

step four: grab the door panel here and pull to loosed the clips. when one is loose, work your way around the door panel and remove them all.

View attachment 119708

step five: lift up on the door panel to get it out of the "groove" that makes it flush.

by now the door panel will be dangling by the handle cable. it'll take the stress, no worries.

step six: decide if you're doing mirrors or handles THEN move on to step seven.

if you're changing the mirrors:
step seven: unplug the factory connectors from the back of the driver or passenger door module (switch pack).

View attachment 119709

step eight: remove the wiring harness from the door. (no pics, but held in by white clips, pull them out with needle nose pliers)

View attachment 119710

step nine: unbolt the mirrors by removing the 3 10mm nuts shown here:

View attachment 119711

step ten: put it back together using the opposite steps

if you're changing the door handles:
step seven: unbolt the door handles through the 2 holes shown here (2 10mm bolts, don't drop them):

View attachment 119712

step eight: unhook the latches from the handles (no pics) and slide the handle towards the front of the vehicle and pull them out.

step nine: reinstall using the opposite steps.

Great write-up and pics! Thanks.