1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to post or create a new tread?

Discussion in 'Site Comments & Feedback' started by MrMike48, Aug 11, 2020.

1. MrMike48

MrMike48 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    I've been a member for awhile and have created a few posts in the past - however I can not seem to find a link to create a new post or thread. Where the heck is it? :)

Thanks,
    Mike

2. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    Looks like you must have found it if you were able to create this thread/post.

Miami-Dade and PNW VietVet like this.
  3. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    When you decide which forum you want to post in, usually depending on the vehicle you own, you go to that section and look for the start a thread spot and there you are.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Miami-Dade likes this.
  4. MrMike48

MrMike48 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for your reply but I'm still a little confused. When I open the Tahoe Yukon I don't see any "start a thread" spot.

5. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Resident Resident

Name:
    Tony
    20200812_193854.jpg

wjburken, Miami-Dade and PNW VietVet like this.
  6. Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia Supporting Member

Name:
    Joseph
    Are you performing this on a phone, tablet, or PC. Sometimes on a phone, the entire Forum screen is not visible, unless you rotate your phone sideways. Just a thought.....

wjburken and PNW VietVet like this.
  7. MrMike48

MrMike48 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    upload_2020-8-17_12-54-26.png

This is what I see when I open the site

8. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    Then you would go down the forums list and pick the section you want to create a post for and then when you open that section, there will be a sign saying "Post New Thread", at the upper right area. You click on that and then start creating the new post to that thread. You create the title for the thread and then create the body of the question or answer of that thread.

Tonyrodz and wjburken like this.