How to MarkVIII your OBS on a budget..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oakdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did mine a little different. I bought the one piece adjustable fan controller for 40 bucks and had no problems with overheating or ac. I am running a 180 thermostat and it stays around 180 185.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

oakdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1370990838329.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370990870335.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370990870335.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 77
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370990882002.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370990882002.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I did my set up the way I did bcuz I went through 2 O'riley and 1 AutoZone temp controllers... The relays kept burning up... Lead to a cracked rad and failed water pump... The fan draws as high as 60 amps... But if u got 1 that works 4 u great...

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I ask what is this?

Screenshots_2013-06-12-07-52-00.png

Regarding the main subject I habe the following questions:
1- why don't we use a Nissan efan control system?
2- I think you have to isolate the efan so no hot air well skip the shrod and return to the efan.
3- I loved the one fan idea instead of the dual system but why you did not continue with the push efan it is easy for you now? 4- why we didn't study the Toyota sequia system? It comes with dual push and bull efan!!?
5- why you didn't use another after market efan controller?
6- can this volvo efan controller take the high amp? (Caused by the efan start?)

oakdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For one that is not my fan controller you circled on the fan that is the factory chevy waffer fuse. The fuse blew when I put my second battery in(positive cable hit the bottom of the battery tray).That's why it looks that way. Pic was took before I chanced it.
Secondly the truck stays cool 180-185 degrees even with air on. Guarante what you know not what you guess.

Also the fans job is to push or pull outside cool air through the radiator ( depending on where the fan is mounted). If my fan is pulling enough cfm to cool the coolant before it reenter the engine than its doing a damn good job.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For one that is not my fan controller you circled on the fan that is the factory chevy waffer fuse. The fuse blew when I put my second battery in(positive cable hit the bottom of the battery tray).That's why it looks that way. Pic was took before I chanced it.
Secondly the truck stays cool 180-185 degrees even with air on. Guarante what you know not what you guess.

Also the fans job is to push or pull outside cool air through the radiator ( depending on where the fan is mounted). If my fan is pulling enough cfm to cool the coolant before it reenter the engine than its doing a damn good job.

Please note I am asking because I well do the same but from my experience and experiments I asked all or this I well post my dual efan system to compare It was done by the previous owner I am not pleased with his work but it seems the best so far everything I try failed to outcome this setup thats why I need to nake sure you are right.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

The picture I was asking about that part because I couldn't find in mine! Nothing like it is install and is it a must?

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing in the picture is on our stock fan shroud... Its something to do with the battery... I can't remember the name off the top of my head at the moment...

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my fan setup:

IMG_20130804_050950.jpg

I think it is taken from a subaru but it is fine I think