how to make your AC blow harder and cooler.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I did this today (and replaced the blower motor and resistor, why not, huh?) and it worked great! Awesome description (even with the pics missing). It blows much harder and colder than before. I could not believe how much crap was in there. I was a bit skeptical about spraying the coil with my garden hose but it worked great! Thanks again.

Kevostradamus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did this as well today. Best thing I have ever done! My ac was ok at best. (Front air only, no rear) I decided to try it. It works! Ac is much better! I had tons of crud in there. Looked like a bird nest! I have a few before and during pictures. None of the final because I started to clean up some of the water and forgot!

Thanks to the OP for a great write up!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372013639.368624.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372013662.129637.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372014277.342141.jpg

The last pic is during, not finished.
Task is difficult for sure with bigger hands, but it can be done.

Johnny Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did some A/C work to my 99 Yukon over the weekend before the heat wave here in Chi-Town. Plugged up the rear A/C which was INOP since last fall, recharged the system, wasn't satisfied with the lack of cold air and then I remembered this post. Found it, ran back outside and did this with mine. Didn't find a ton in there but enough thats for sure. Mine wasnt all boogered up either... was actually pretty clean but I still hit it with some cleaner, water, and a brush a couple two, three times.

All I can say is.... WOW! It was 94 here today with a 106 heat index. My A/C blows ice cubes at me now and gets cold in a very very short time. And thats on the 2nd blower speed setting! I knew it was awesome when I was finished cause I double checked for leaks from the fittings to elim the rear AC and rechecked the pressures in the system to make sure it was charged enough and had the Yuk running for a while. I had my windows frosting up!!! I'm loving it.

Thanks for the great write up... oh yeah, here's what I pulled outta mine.

3x7o.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

I wish the pictures still worked. I really need help on my 99 tahoe.

Really not much to look at picture wise. If you just copy, print, and follow the word directions, its all really very simple. You'll see once you pull the cover for the blower motor off. Its all right in front of you and everything will make perfect sense once you see it trust me.

Only thing is I found my screws for my blower motor were 5.5mm and not 9/32 for what ever reason.

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I the only missing a plastic cover on mine? All I have is this...abe9eged.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

uhaju6a7.jpg

Wow...what do i win for most shit in this? Lol Didn't wash it out yet, for another day...but cleaned it out and blew it out with an air hose a little bit. Already made a big difference. I can feel the air touch my face now in the front seat again. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One X

Kevostradamus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you actually get some cleaner in there and let it soak, then brush it. You will see a nice difference. Mine has the full plastic cover but it's pretty beat up and doesn't fit well anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts