how to make your AC blow harder and cooler.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Though I am not pumping aC in winter. (My dogs love the cold so sometimes I gotta) When my dash control assembly goes in next week I will do this too just as a "full job" heater core is done, and this and the control assembly should hopefully make the tahoe complete and up to date on the big things.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
This is a great write-up. I just disassembled my system and removed a ton of crap. Squirting the water out of the hose up there a weird feeling, but you were correct and it all drained out. I took it one step further thou. I used a tooth brush and get the crud out, and then used my shop vac and jammed it up there cause my hands are too big to move around in there well.

Once its all back together, I'll crank up the system and see how he works. . .

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
Alright I put everything back together and I didn't notice a huge different in performance. It doesn't blow any harder but the air coming out of the vents smells nicer, on account that I sprayed some Pumpkin scented Fabreeze onto the coil. Now I'm driving around and my rig smells like pumpkin pie, lol. :gr_grin:

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are before and after pict's of my '98 2 Door. Used simple green and an old tooth brush. Worked great. Great write up. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC03379.jpg
    DSC03379.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC03382.jpg
    DSC03382.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC03383.jpg
    DSC03383.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 137

Krazyasslunatic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just did this on my 2000 limited, basically the same but screws are 7/32s and there's just one plug in the blower motor

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never heard of someone calling their girl friend "AC" before but try to get her to put ice in her mouth
:jawdrop:

Wait what?

I must be a perv because I got that.

I'll have to see what mine looks like sometime, the fan seems to blow pretty well but it has parked under trees alot and I live on a dirt road. Well, right now it's an ice road.:)

Kind of off-topic but fairly related to this thread. Has anyone measured temperatures coming out of their vents before/after? I know it's all subjective to the inlet temp, ambient temp, humidity, etc though. I came across some base line numbers in a repair manual. Mine is maybe a few degrees higher than these numbers. I haven't looked at the evap to see if it needs cleaning or not.

For 1994 Yukon:

Ambient Temp Outlet Temp
70 --------------> 50
80 --------------> 56
90 --------------> 63
100 -------------> 75
These numbers must be different for 99's, because when I had mine serviced and refilled(?) the tech measured the temps and found with an ambient of 73 the outlet temp was 35:Big Laugh:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne