How to lift the rear end of an 07 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlm601

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently just added a 2in strut lift on the front of my 2007 chevy Tahoe ltz 4wd. I now have a squat and wanted to know how to make it sit even. I just replaced the shocks and am using Bilstein 4600 series. I am wanting to know if I can use the Bilstein 5100 series to make up for the 2-inch difference without compromising the performance.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently just added a 2in strut lift on the front of my 2007 chevy Tahoe ltz 4wd. I now have a squat and wanted to know how to make it sit even. I just replaced the shocks and am using Bilstein 4600 series. I am wanting to know if I can use the Bilstein 5100 series to make up for the 2-inch difference without compromising the performance.
Rear uses blocks to lift... ebay, Amazon, summit, jegs....etc
AE0F4208-795D-44F2-849E-5F0713D303CD.jpeg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Shocks don't lift. You need either lifting coils or, much cheaper and wouldn't alter the ride or load capacity- spacers as Galante posted. If more than an inch or two, I'd recommend longer shocks or extenders.

You likely only need a 1" lift to level it. Measuring the fender heights gives you hard numbers, but it may not look right since the windows and body lines alter your perspective. If it were me, I'd measure the rear fender height where it sits now then jack up the body (jack under the hitch works great) 1/2", 3/4" and/or 1" and step back to see how it looks. When you like how it sits, order the corresponding spacer.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a database of coils and spring rate and height.

Suburban vs regular, z71 vs non, Denali vs.... border patrol spring vs..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastline22