How to keep radio from automa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shekatz

Shekatz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You could wire a switch from the battery to your retained power circuit. But, again, why would just not put it in accessory mode?

Also, who knows what gremlins you might release if you wire up that switch...
Accessory mode shuts down after 10 minutes!!! There is no actual key to turn this 2018 Tahoe on with, it’s a fob only.... you push a button to turn accessory on and it automatically shuts off after 10 minutes! <— That’s the problem, getting it to stay on longer!!! ‍♀️

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
There is no key to leave on... it’s a button you push with the key fob close by...I usually just keep it in my bag...

I wondered about that. Google about the secret menu of the infotainment system. Maybe there's a way to override or change the setting /timing? @Galante

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Accessory mode shuts down after 10 minutes!!! There is no actual key to turn this 2018 Tahoe on with, it’s a fob only.... you push a button to turn accessory on and it automatically shuts off after 10 minutes! <— That’s the problem, getting it to stay on longer!!! ‍♀️
OK COUPLE THINGS TO TRY
. With the vehicle off, and the brake pedal not applied, pressing and holding the button for more than five seconds will place the vehicle in Service Only Mode. The instruments and audio systems will operate as they do in ON/RUN, but the vehicle will not be able to be driven. The engine will not start in Service Only Mode. Press the button again to turn the vehicle off.
ALSO it does have a key, see attached photos

KEY.jpg KEY1.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
OK COUPLE THINGS TO TRY
. With the vehicle off, and the brake pedal not applied, pressing and holding the button for more than five seconds will place the vehicle in Service Only Mode. The instruments and audio systems will operate as they do in ON/RUN, but the vehicle will not be able to be driven. The engine will not start in Service Only Mode. Press the button again to turn the vehicle off.
ALSO it does have a key, see attached photos

View attachment 222765 View attachment 222766

Good info Doobs.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya a lot of people don't know the push to start fobs have a hidden key in case the battery is weak or dead, that in of it's self may not keep the accessory on but it will let you start it if the fob dies, I didn't know until a little while back when I was messing with a fob to sell on ebay and found the hidden release button the side they disguise them pretty well.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah pressing and holding the button without brake sets it to key on engine off just pressing once without brake is accessory.

Key in fob is only for door and glove compartment

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep