How to keep High Beams, Low Beams and Fog Lights 'ALL' on 2007-2014 's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they all stay on with high beam, all 6 lights. This mod basically runs the fogs alongside the lows. Can NOT turn fogs on or off independently. Which is why I moved to a homemade aftermarket controller.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they all stay on with high beam, all 6 lights. This mod basically runs the fogs alongside the lows. Can NOT turn fogs on or off independently. Which is why I moved to a homemade aftermarket controller.
All 6 of mine are on, but I can turn off the fog lights. At night the low beams come on, the DLRs go off, but hit the high beam and they all light up.20230314_111928.jpg

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your fogs function normally except when you switch to high. Then the fogs come on with the highs and go out with the highs unless you've turned the fogs on with the factory switch? In which case they would stay on.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree all look like the same end result. It looks like both the diode mod and the Boost Auto mod work pretty much the same, I think. With the stock truck, the fog lights must be turned on whether it is day or night, even when the head light switch is in ‘auto’ mode. So when it is night, the headlights come on automatically and you have to manually turn on the fog lights. In this case when you hit the high beams the fog lights will go off and only the high beams go on. With the Boost Auto mod installed and you turn on the fog lights during the day, the fog lights, Parking lights and DLRs are all on, and say you flash your high beams, all the lights stay on including the high and low beams. Now when it turns night, the head lights come on and you manually turn on the fog lights, they come on with the parking and DLRs and when you hit the high beams, “all come on” the high and low beams and the fog / parking / and DRLs stay on. Now to complicate things, Boost Auto has another mod that when the headlights come on , the fog lights automatically come on, but I am not sure with this mod all the lights will stay on when you hit the high beams. Long story, the diode mod looks easier but both mods require messing with the BCM. Your fuse box mod looks the easiest.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the fleece adapter I already linked you still have control of the fog lights as normal, except when you hit flash to pass or turn on the high beams then the fogs will come on with the high beams and if you have not turned the fogs on with the interior switch then they will go off when the high beams are not in use.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the fleece adapter I already linked you still have control of the fog lights as normal, except when you hit flash to pass or turn on the high beams then the fogs will come on with the high beams and if you have not turned the fogs on with the interior switch then they will go off when the high beams are not in use.
I like your mod better. Oh well I thought I did my research back then, guess not, ha

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like your mod better. Oh well I thought I did my research back then, guess not, ha
I am sure there is a multitude of ways to do it, on my 00 all you had to do was add a ground and you could have 6 high but things have changed on my 18 the headlight is all integrated inside the housing so it's all pretty complicated but the fleece module works the same on it. In both cases the yukon and my 18 silverado the headlight is a single bulb so no way to get a 6 high, fog+ high is the best it gets when you have bi-xenon or projector

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345