how to fix squeeking rear doors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know tons of tahoe owners with this same problem. once you open either rear door you hear this loud popping sound and its coming from a door hinge. so on to the good stuff.
1st off remove the 2 screws, trim around the door handle and unlock/lock plastic peice to get the door panel off. once the panel is off on the back side remove the door light and window switch so the panel wont just hang their.
CIMG0026.jpg
2nd remove the 3 10mm bolts holding in place, 2 of them are hidden behind the rubber grommet
CIMG0024-1.jpg
4th slide out the hinge out of the door from the inside. in the next pix you can see the difference in the hinges. on the left side you can see some wear the the metal arm. where on the ride side it has a plastic arm.i dont know what year the part came off but its newer than my 01.
CIMG0032.jpg
5th just place the new hinge back on with the 3 bolts and this is what it will look like
CIMG0035.jpg
door back on and dont pay attention to the rust. its on my list for santa.
CIMG0025.jpg

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good fix but dayum that cancer is spreading. is that the only place its showign up? id sell as fast as i could if i could even sell it with rust like that. good luck with that, rust is a beech to fix and not have it return.

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice work i need to replace my door check on my front driverside. not squeaky just pops n clicks and the door swings all the way out sometimes

Last edited:
OP
OP
alacran

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my also made a loud popping sound. its so much nicer now and not embarressed when ppl open the door.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
my also made a loud popping sound. its so much nicer now and not embarressed when ppl open the door.

Urnamehere it's so f$cking embarrassing here I am putting in cai's LEDs tiniting my lights blacking out bowties installing new balances and my hinges are shit and make all these annoying noises and movements... Is it safe to say I should ask for 04-06 hinges?

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Urnamehere it's so f$cking embarrassing here I am putting in cai's LEDs tiniting my lights blacking out bowties installing new balances and my hinges are shit and make all these annoying noises and movements... Is it safe to say I should ask for 04-06 hinges?

hahaha i have the same problem. sometimes mods are more of a priority than a noisy door

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic